any good reptiles store in NYC

Not that I know about. I would also like to know if there is one. Mostly it's just Petlands and Petcos :(

Best bet is probably Reptile Expos.

There's a big reptile store off of Jericho Turnpike in I think the town is Bel Rose... best selection I've seen reptile wise in NY so far. Pretty dam big store too, they got almost everything in there. Except chameleons :(

wild discoveries, belleville nj

wild discoveries in NJ Belleville is pretty nice they have everything for reptiles

There used to be a store in Flushing, Queens called Reptilia. I'm not sure if it's still there because all of the good spots have gone out of business :(. They specialized in snakes but carried a wide array of reptiles. I believe a few remain in the Long Island area but you will have to do a Google search for them.

There used to be a store in Flushing, Queens called Reptilia. I'm not sure if it's still there because all of the good spots have gone out of business :(. They specialized in snakes but carried a wide array of reptiles. I believe a few remain in the Long Island area but you will have to do a Google search for them.

Do you know an address? I can check to see if it's still there considering that I live in Flushing.

Why won't you buy eg from a forum sponsor or members here ? Even if those reptile stores have chameleons, the chances that you will get anything healthy beside calyptratus and pardalis go near zero. The same with a good advice. Their only aim is just to sell their stuff. There are some exceptions but it's very difficult to find them. As an example, here in Germany I just know two reptile shops where I would buy animals

reptillia in flushing is deff. not there i wish i use to go there all the time when i was young . they been closed down for over 10 yrs . i live in flushing ... dj reptiles has alot its a small place but they have everything diff. types of chameleons . snakes monitors , taranchula , etc and they even got a lil zoo down stairs .

no its rite of exit 29 on the southern state pkwy. . (516)796-9870 ask for jr. tell him george from flushing sent u . hell take care of u . last time i went they had alot of new babys panther n veiled and alot of goodies i got to make my cage set up look at my thread to see my new cage let me know what u think

I live in long island d n j reptiles is good it's on Hicksville ave in Seaford right off the southern state pkwy. But I will say this I was there a week ago and they had baby veileds and 3 out of 4 had their eyes closed. This was the first time ive seen veilds looking like this there though. I also saw a panther practically laying on top of his feet eyes closed at the bottom of the enclosure as well one time.The owner also had told me previously that he uses the repti sun linear on all his reptiles but when I checked that particular enclosure there were 2 coil bulbs. So just a heads up they have a lot of snakes and other lizards as well though, it's a cool place. A sponsor from here seems like the safest bet though for any chams. Not to knock their business but quality is the most important and I'm learning that the hard way now.

d n j reptiles is crap....

....unless you need supplies or feeders and thats the closest place. cham enclosures are always covered in feces (ALL with orange urates :eek: ), snakes are covered in mites, and once i was at the old location next door and a bin they kept aquatic turtles in had at least one dead..........JUST SITTING IN THERE. im pretty sure i witnessed that on at least 2 visits. and a funny story, they sold a buddy i work with an adult "captive bred" GTP; he took it to our vet to find mites, pinworms, and some type of tapeworm or something that the vet couldn't identify (captive bred my @#$). plus the guys who work there are rather shady. if you're close to the centereach area check out jungle bobs reptile world. honestly, they really aren't that great either (for instance cham enclosures arent exactly proper for them [they shouldnt even have them in the first place]), but they have supplies and feeders and all of their cages are CLEAN (even the chams).........i dont bother with d n j anymore.

DnJ Reptile, is right by my house on LI. It's in the town of Oyster Bay, on 107. You'd be right next to it if you got off of the 135, but I think it's about to move locations. The owners are awesome guys, they know their shit, and they often have an amazing selection (especially during the summer time). They breed almost all of their own stuff.

Back
Top Bottom