Any final suggestions?

Have you tried free ranging his feeders?

My panther Lennon will not touch anything in a bowl except superworms and silkworms.

He's so beautiful! I wonder if you did as suggested and screened off the cork for awhile and it was no longer a "food" option if he would maybe go through a hunger strike but then start eating insects again. Meal worms aren't recommended for chameleons, so maybe stick with the crickets and locusts, and try flying insects like blue bottle flies and black soldier flies plus dubia and silkworms too?

Last edited:
This is the current supplement i'm using for almost every feeding, should containt all the nourishments he requires according to the staff at the store
66465077_430332770885704_1590847442532696064_n.jpg

These are the other minerals sold by my local pet store, anything recommended that could spark his appetite?

View attachment 239002
Is this the calcium with the D3? If you're using this at every feeding he could be getting too much D3. I dont know if that would cause the feeding issues but it's an idea.

I’m new to this but you shouldn’t be giving either a multivitamin supplement or vit D3 daily. Dust the feeders with calcium without D3 daily. Multivitamin and calcium with D3 every two weeks alternating.

This specific supplement from sticky tongue farm contains minimal amount of D3 and is safe to use for every feeding

I had thought so. I was just saying it did have D3, not that you were using it incorrect.

My apologies I am half awake right now. I own a business and it's a slow day, I have fell asleep twice now in the last hour BWhahahaha.

But yes, I vaguely recall others using minerall and it as suggested either every or every other feeding If I recall.n

I’m new to this but you shouldn’t be giving either a multivitamin supplement or vit D3 daily. Dust the feeders with calcium without D3 daily. Multivitamin and calcium with D3 every two weeks alternating.

That is true and you are right. However this is a special kind of Calcium dust with vitamins. It's designed to be used as he is. It's not a pure Vit/D3 but a Calcium with a very small amount of Vit/D3.

I need to go get a soda, and I can drum something up on it unless someone else does. I want to say there is a few old skool members that keep Parsons and use this.

Let me wake up Matt. If I can't sleep, no one CAN Hahahaha!

Most insects/bugs do not do to well with gutloading that is high in minerals. Using she Sticky tongue minerall works fine for dusting!

Last edited:
I know I’m late to the party but the bark thing is a common thing with juvenile Nosy Bes and they do grow out of it, same with licking the branches. Roux does this a few times a week, it’s normal.

that is a relief to hear!
But i'm still abit worried he hasn't touched his regular feeders in such a long time.. Hope it passes soon

i might be overreacting to this whole situation with his bark eating, but in almost every historical thread i read when i search the forum history many react like the following comment. I guess there are alot of split opinion on this forum

dddd.png

i might be overreacting to this whole situation with his bark eating, but in almost every historical thread i read when i search the forum history many react like the following comment. I guess there are alot of split opinion on this forum

View attachment 239012

I dont think its split opinion as much as over the years, people have learned that chams are a lot less fragile than we give them credit for. Then we have the really old school crowd, and when they first got into the hobby, chams were dying like crazy we were still learning how to care for them, they dropped like flys. So they got this fear of anything and everything. Some over the years, got a little more Lax, and the newer generation took from them, that Chams are not as fragile as we use to think.

Neither party is really wrong, people that are super duper cautious and go to Vet have their reasons to be that way, and the more Lax folks that is their prerogative, they feel they will go the Vet when its needed, and as long as you can recognize the signs when that time has arrived its fine.

We see that divide, on the "Sterile vs Bioactive" debate as well. Alot of the sterile folks, are old school, or learned from the old school. They fear that the slightest bacteria, will cause a cham to pass, as back in the days keeping a Cham alive was very hard, although maybe not because of bacteria.

On the flip side, most Bio folks, see that if you keep it sterile, just like with a human, than the slightest bacteria becomes an issue, where as a strong immune system cham will be able to cope easier, as it has been exposed to Bacteria's before. The "Bubbleboy" Theory in full effect.

We have to remember, they eat Soil in the wild, they eat bark, they live on the plants we deem "Toxic", now captive life is much longer and that may be a factor, there is a good argument on either side, so back to, Neither side is wrong, just different.

I dont think its split opinion as much as over the years, people have learned that chams are a lot less fragile than we give them credit for. Then we have the really old school crowd, and when they first got into the hobby, chams were dying like crazy we were still learning how to care for them, they dropped like flys. So they got this fear of anything and everything. Some over the years, got a little more Lax, and the newer generation took from them, that Chams are not as fragile as we use to think.

Neither party is really wrong, people that are super duper cautious and go to Vet have their reasons to be that way, and the more Lax folks that is their prerogative, they feel they will go the Vet when its needed, and as long as you can recognize the signs when that time has arrived its fine.

We see that divide, on the "Sterile vs Bioactive" debate as well. Alot of the sterile folks, are old school, or learned from the old school. They fear that the slightest bacteria, will cause a cham to pass, as back in the days keeping a Cham alive was very hard, although maybe not because of bacteria.

On the flip side, most Bio folks, see that if you keep it sterile, just like with a human, than the slightest bacteria becomes an issue, where as a strong immune system cham will be able to cope easier, as it has been exposed to Bacteria's before. The "Bubbleboy" Theory in full effect.

We have to remember, they eat Soil in the wild, they eat bark, they live on the plants we deem "Toxic", now captive life is much longer and that may be a factor, there is a good argument on either side, so back to, Neither side is wrong, just different.
To build off of what Cyber said, chameleons are not fragile by nature. They only become fragile when exposed to extended periods of poor husbandry. Keep your fundamentals in check and you will do just fine in this hobby. And yes, chams are a hobby, not a pet!

Just wanted to update you all.

I took the tip someone gave me and went out to catch some wild butterflies, and to my great joy it seemed to catch his interest as soon as i let it into his cage and he ate it before i could even snap a picture of it!

Thanks you all for the great tips provided, you guys are awesome!

gotta go out with a net and catch me some more wild insects :)

Miner-all Indoor formula is safe for daily use. There are a few all-in-one supplement options out there that are safe for daily use such as Rapashy Plus LoD which I currently use.

My panther rupee used to do this he’d try and eat the vines in his cage and lick everything omg. He doesn’t do it anymore he licks his branches every now and then but not as often here he is

Attachments

• A2AEB958-EDAE-40A7-A7C6-9DA318A8C5BD.jpeg
    A2AEB958-EDAE-40A7-A7C6-9DA318A8C5BD.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 57
Just wanted to update you all.

I took the tip someone gave me and went out to catch some wild butterflies, and to my great joy it seemed to catch his interest as soon as i let it into his cage and he ate it before i could even snap a picture of it!

Thanks you all for the great tips provided, you guys are awesome!

gotta go out with a net and catch me some more wild insects :)

Awesome! What a relief.

Back
Top Bottom