Any electrical types?

Klyde O'Scope

Chameleon Enthusiast
This one surprised me. When we moved here, I installed a (3-way) switch/pilot light near the back door so we could tell if the garage lights were on without having to open the door. FF a few decades...

One of the (incandescent) bulbs blew, so we decided to replace both of them (as long as I had to get the ladder out) with LEDs. Unscrew the blown bulb & replace both with LED bulbs.

Only thing is, now the pilot light on the switch won't go off—it stays lit whether the lights are on or off.

The only difference is newer LED bulbs vs. old incandescents. Is this a thing with LED bulbs and piloted switches? :confused:

As far I know, these LED will stay on pretty long after switch off, due some rest voltage in the line and low power of the LED´s. I had same problem when exchanged all spots for LED. Solution in my case was, leaving one regular spot in the system, the get rid of the rest voltage in the line.

As far I know, these LED will stay on pretty long after switch off, due some rest voltage in the line and low power of the LED´s.
Three days (so far) :oops:

I had same problem when exchanged all spots for LED. Solution in my case was, leaving one regular spot in the system, the get rid of the rest voltage in the line.
Are you saying the only solution is putting an incandescent back in (there are only 2 lights on the circuit)?

Do you think replacing the switch with a more recent one would solve the problem? :unsure:
Is our voltage difference (your 220v vs. my 110v) an issue?

Three days (so far)
That´s pretty long, my bet would be, the switch ´leaks` power.

Are you saying the only solution is putting an incandescent back in (there are only 2 lights on the circuit)?
This couldn´t be the long term solution, however I did this with 6 spots (5 led / 1 incandescent) and never changed it.

Do you think replacing the switch with a more recent one would solve the problem?
I think so indeed, however no guarantee whatsoever 😊

Is our voltage difference (your 220v vs. my 110v) an issue?
This would definitely create an issue for some things, however don´t think for LED´s. They´re all low power driven.

Back
Top Bottom