Any DIY waterer?

BabyDollNiki

I know Chameleons dont like still water and zoo med sells those ones that sit on top the cage with the straw that drips slowly, are there any DIY ones?

You can always get a cup, poking a hole in the bottom from the inside to make a DIY dripper.

I make temporary drip cups all the time using those red plastic party cups. Poke the hole from the inside to get the best drip

for sure you can make the zoomed dripper. go to an aquarium store or look online. its just a simple adjustable on/off valve with plastic hosing.

a mistking is expensive up front but it is TOTALLY worth it. ask anyone who has one. plus marty's customer service is top notch

it's not. it sprays a very fine mist. i mist alot--40 mins a day. so i built a drainage system..they're easy to build, or you can buy a drainage system for 30 dollars..it's just a tray that goes underneath the cage..you drill a hole in the tray so water can drip out into a bucket..i get no water on the floor.

you will need:

3 milk, water, soda jugs. anything large enough to hold at least a gallon of water (drink some water, save the jug)

1 roll 1/4 inch clear rubber/plastic tubing ($3 for 5 ft, home depot)

1 packet of adjustable irrigation drippers ($3 for 5, home depot)

scissors

total cost for efficient drip system - $6, $9 if you need a water jug

start by cutting the amout of tubing needed to properlly facilitate water flow from the top jug to the dripper. in the bottom of your jug make a hole just large enough for the tub to fit in snugly while preventing water from leaking. then take your dripper and attach it to the free end of the tubing. set the dial/valve about 1-2 drips per 1-2 seconds. take your second jug and cut the bottom out about 6-7 inches high. make a hole in the cut jug in the lower sides again large enough for the tubing but small enough that water doesnt leak. if you have a mesh cage (which you should) make a small hole in the mesh that is close enough for the catch basin. cut another piece of tubing and feed it through the catch basin and mesh into your 3rd and final jug. this will be your overflow catch. you may have to siphon from time to time, but this is what i use for my jackson' and i havent had a problem so far

Back
Top Bottom