Any advice for a soon to be owner

tln413

I'm getting a Veiled Chameleon soon and would be very appreciative of ANY advice someone with experience can offer. I have done my research, but nothing is better than first had experience. Thanks.

I'm getting a Veiled Chameleon soon and would be very appreciative of ANY advice someone with experience can offer. I have done my research, but nothing is better than first had experience. Thanks.

Have a vet handy for check-ups or (knock on wood) mishaps.
Start working on your enclosure and post up some pics!

Well you have already done one of the smartest things you can do for your chameleon by joining our forum. Don't be shy about asking any "dumb" questions. If you get your answer, then it was not dumb!!! Welcome aboard and to future chameleon ownership!! We are here to help!!! Oh and beware...they are like potato chips..you can't just have one!! lol

Have a vet handy for check-ups or (knock on wood) mishaps.
Start working on your enclosure and post up some pics!

Well one of my cousins is very good at building structures so his is going to build me a custom one to fit better in our apartment that the standard ones sold online or in put stores. Luckily I live just a few minutes from the 24 hour vet clinic for the area I live in & a big plus is that the staff is always very nice. :)

Like the others said it was a good idea to join the forum before you purchased :cool: the only bit i have to offer is to read up on suppliments if you haven't done so already, it is very important for your cham and will help prevent your cham from getting sick or getting the dreaded metabolic bone disease

Well you have already done one of the smartest things you can do for your chameleon by joining our forum. Don't be shy about asking any "dumb" questions. If you get your answer, then it was not dumb!!! Welcome aboard and to future chameleon ownership!! We are here to help!!! Oh and beware...they are like potato chips..you can't just have one!! lol

I already have the "potato chip" feeling lol. I will probably end up getting an additional one in the future, but for now just the one. I live in an apartment & would much rather wait until our lease is up and we move in June so I would have the appropriate room for an additional set up of the right size. No need for the chameleon to suffer for my selfish reasons.

Like the others said it was a good idea to join the forum before you purchased :cool: the only bit i have to offer is to read up on suppliments if you haven't done so already, it is very important for your cham and will help prevent your cham from getting sick or getting the dreaded metabolic bone disease

I've read a lot about the bone disease & how to help prevent it. I've seen different recommendations as to how often to give them each supplements so I'm not too sure as to when I should give which ones to him. I am not a fan of making un-informed decisions about animals. They deserve the proper respect and care.

Welcome to the forums! Joining these forums is the best thing any keeper can do. new or an old keeper, we all can learn from each other.We have members that are Vets and some that seem to know more than Vets.As far as tip go.Proper hydration has been key for me. I recommend getting a quality misting system. like a mistking or aquazap.. Both are available from Forum sponsors.You can also get cages,UVB bulbs supliments&feeders,Oh and your next chameleon from sponsors as well.

joining the forum is a great step!
i went to every store in my area and asked questions, after a while and some self education that was a frightening experience:( but i found a store in Mesa AZ(arizona reptile center) that has been great help:D
read read read
i have had my veiled cham(minion) for 6 weeks and i still search the forum everyday for something new to read about care.

good luck with your cham it has been a fantastic experience thus far for me

Back
Top Bottom