Ants in the Cricket Cage!

johncjb

So I woke up this morning to find the cricket terrarium crawling with ants. I sprayed the area under the table with pesticide and placed the legs of the table in bowls of water, to prevent any more from climbing up. My question is, how do I get the ants out of the cricket terrarium itself? I could put an ant bait on the table but I am afraid of the poisoned ants entering the cage again and possibly being ingested by or coming in contact with the crickets.

Is there a safe way I could go about this? And will the ants harm the crickets in any way?

I would try separating the crickets from the ants by hand. If you have another bin, it shouldn't be too hard.

Just seperate beat you can but put a ring of dish around the container or in the water in the bowl they won't try to cross it.

I would try separating the crickets from the ants by hand. If you have another bin, it shouldn't be too hard.

Problem is I just got 1000 from lllreptile two days ago, so it's not really possible :(

The ants aren't "killer" ants or anything and they don't bit, so I don't think they are dangerous to the crickets.

I have an idea!

A good way to prevent ants, and even fruit flies, from getting in your feeder containers is to place all your crickets in a container with a secure lid. Then, over all the air holes you should make, apply muslin, paper towel or another fabric with proper aeration flush with the container. This will allow oxygen to the insects and prevent pests from getting in.

Back
Top Bottom