Another Sad Story

CHer23

Yes, I went to Petsmart. I didn't buy anything and we try not to ever buy anything from them for our dogs. Today I promised myself I wouldn't look at the chameleon, but I couldn't help myself and regret it so much. He was pitch black. If I am correct, that is a sign of stress and anger. He looked pretty old and was fairly large. The one thing that was a little uplifting was the humidity. It was at about 70-80% and the temperature at the bottom was about 80 degrees. I just wish Petsmart would give them larger cages. I mean they are not half as bad as Petco when it comes to chams. This chameleon looked fairly healthy though when it comes to having MBD. I didn't see any signs of that. It is just so sad to see that these people won't just put in the extra effort to give the animals a good home. I am sorry for another Petsmart/Petco rant, but I just wish there was something we could all do.

Well like the junkie on the street someone is supplying these big box stores with critters and fish. birds of all kinds. That's where a good deal of the problem lies, people trying to make a buck with no regard to the well-being of the animals. Welcome to Capitalism. It is and will always be prevalent in anything that can me bred, grown, fabricated and sold for profit. We will always get the good, the bad and the ugly. You can make yourself crazy over it all...

Well like the junkie on the street someone is supplying these big box stores with critters and fish. birds of all kinds. That's where a good deal of the problem lies, people trying to make a buck with no regard to the well-being of the animals. Welcome to Capitalism. It is and will always be prevalent in anything that can me bred, grown, fabricated and sold for profit. We will always get the good, the bad and the ugly. You can make yourself crazy over it all...
And that is what me and mom were saying. It is the people that sell to these big name companies that are the disgusting people. They know how they are treated once they are there, but they just care about the money. It really is disgusting.

You should have notified them and told them they should not be selling that chameleon.

They probably wouldn't have listened :( but at least it's not another person saying "oh cool a black chameleon" and they think it's fine

When I bought Monty he was in the cage with a brown chameleon (very upset) and they only had one branch, too much dirt, a dripper, and a vine they were both hanging on.

I originally wanted the brown one because I thought oh cool a brown cham. But the guy obviously knew something was up (petco guy) because he said "oh this one's a bit grumpy and dark I think it might be sick. We are going to sell you the green one instead" I'm glad he did but still the cage made me upset.

I didn't even know anything was wrong with it until I went and did some research.

This was him in my first cage very upset and skinny, that's the first day I had him. Obviously his casque is bent and his arms are twisty and he has MBD and is very skinny and stressed out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sh01b5afnev8l7z/IMG_0406.JPG

here he is a couple months ago

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lgsw9cxnffkbbu1/handledaugust2013.jpg

This is what happens when everyone is breeding the same 2 species. With hundreds of people breeding panthers and veilds it gonna happen.

For the person who gets to the point of wanting to breed the harsh reality is chances are they are not going to sell all their babies. The costs keep adding up and you need to do something with all the hungry mouth's you are feeding. Its a great feeling knowing you've reached the point of having a female that has given you a few clutch's. Little thought is put into what happens a year later when you have 60, 80 or 100 mouths to feed.

Carl

Back
Top Bottom