Another eye question.

aboogabooga

I have a veiled cham, her eyes look VERY watery but only at the base of the turret. Is she dehydrated? She drinks alot every time I see her. I took a pic but it doesn't really show anything:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
thanks for the help!!!!

Why do you think it may be dehydration? Does this look more like water or a secretion from the chameleon itself? The only time I have seen water on a chameleons eyes is after they have been sprayed, misted, or showered. You may want to do some reading on eye infections. Not much else I can say without a better description or pictures.

Like I said the pics dont show anything.
I thought it was dehydration cause I heard when their dehydrated their eyes bulge up but mine only bulges up on the base of the turret. or is it dehydration?
do you have any pics of how it would look like? if so can you post it?:) :)
Im just really worries right now:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I think that when a chameleon is dehydrated, their eye turret appears sunken in, not bulged out. Perhaps your cham has something in his/her eye? I'm still somewhat new at this, but my cham was dehydrated for about a week, and his eyes were both sunken in. But, like I said I'm new at this, so take what I say with a grain of salt. Good luck. If all else fails, you can always take your cham to a reptile vet if there is one in the area.

Zero

For some reason when I read your first post I was thinking there was water or some kind of secretion at the base of your chameleon's eye(s). Sorry about that. Is your chameleon still showing this behavior. Like zero mentioned above, your chameleon may be trying to clean its eyes. Try giving it a nice shower and increase humidity.

Something else that may be causing swelling around the eye would be a vitamin A imbalance. What are you dusting feeders with and what kind of schedule are you using? What are you gutloading your feeders with?

I dust one day with calcium the next with vitamins and stop for one day. is that to much or to little? the crixs and meal worms get apples and potatoes.

How old is your veiled and what brand of calcium/vitamins are you using? Is your chameleon still showing this behavior?

It stopped!!!!:D :D :D
I still dont know why though. I use repcal or somthing like that i forgot what its called:confused: :confused: :confused:
thanks though!!!!!!;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Back
Top Bottom