another eye problem for help

cbassabin

so just this morning ive noticed my 1 and a half to two month male veiled winking. I thought it was just becasue he had just woke up but a little later I noticed him leaving it closed while the other one stays open. weve had him for almost a month and I was wondering is this sign to worry or should i wait a day or so and see if it continues. oh and I was wondering how to upload a picture for you guys I have the perfect example of what I mean by squinting.

Fill out the How to ask for help form.

When posting a message there is a button that looks like a paper clip you press to attach a picture. Its right beside the smiley face above the message pane.

I only handle him maybe once a week or when i clean his cage and he never seems too upset about it he stays light green for the most part.

I probably feed him 8 to 12 crickets a day... but there are usually a couple dead ones or one still in the cage the next day... and we have him eating maybe two or three mealworms by hand every day.

weve used exoterra with d3 once in the month that weve had him we are looking into some without d3 to give him more regularly

I spray probably three times a day for about a min and a half. Ive seen him drinking everyday usually off the screen not the leaves just because there seems to be more of a collection.

urates are white and Ive noticed no change since weve had him.

for now were keeping him in a 16x 16x 20x reptibreeze until he gets a little bigger.\

were using an exoterra 5.0 uvb from over 7 in. and a 75w basking bulb fromabout about a foot and never directly on basking spot. Try to get most the light to flow through so as not to heat the whole cage.

over all temp during the day is usually about 70 to 75 his basking is about 80 to 85

humidity I try to keep between high forties and high sixties taken care of by spraying.

one small pothos on the ground until it too gets bigger and we will hang it.

cage location is probably the most high traffic area in the house... having said that... we have no traffic lol. not near any vents or anything.

Im located in central wisconsin.

and problem was stated above.

this is what his eye looks like when he squints when hes just holding it shut it does not look sunken at all. and he seems really healthy except his appetite seems to have decreased today too. thats troubling.

Attachments

• IMG_7239.jpg
    IMG_7239.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 84
I have a four month old male veiled who was showing similar symptoms and it turned out that he had a bacterial infection. I would say you should bring a fecal sample to your vet to get it tested. Hope this helps.

-Nate

if it doesn't stop by tomorrow looks like we are going to have a looooong drive to the nearest vet who knows anything about reptiles.

Ya I probably not as far as you from a vet but it is not close so I know where you are coming from. Good Luck :D

Flush the eye with saline incase there is something inside the eye causing irritation. Try using the shower chamber treatment, if he opens his eye during the process it may flush his eyes out.

Flush the eye with saline incase there is something inside the eye causing irritation. Try using the shower chamber treatment, if he opens his eye during the process it may flush his eyes out.

If the shower chamber treatment doesn't work. I looked at my bank account and Im not going to have the money to take him to the vet for a while possibly over a couple of weeks... even if I don't Im taking him anyway but I wanted to exhaust all my other options first. is there another way to flush his eye... I obviously realize its going to cause stress, but its for his health so Im willing to do that. his appetite built back up as the day went on so thats good but still verrry worried.

Back
Top Bottom