annoying crickets

Mozart

I have major issues trying to get the crickets out of my chameleons cage at night, and i get insanely angry when they chirp and i have to sleep downstairs or in a different room. What do you guys do to get crickets out for the night? when i try, they just jump around and they are impossible to get :confused:

I either cup feed or hand feed, that way there's no leftovers at night jumping around, plus when they roam and your cham is sleeping they'll bite.

put some food out for them on the bottom of the cage. They should come out to eat it and you can catch them that way,

Yep, get younger crickets next time. It makes me insane when there's a cricket chirping at night where I can't get it!! Enough that if I catch it I throw it out the front door rather than save it for later because I hate it that much. Only adults have wings so younger crickets cannot chirp. I get 3-4 week old crickets because then they stay at that stage for several weeks until they get annoying.

Younger crickets can still bite your cham in the night, and takes more to feed. Crickets are a pain in the butt, can't wait til I get silks and dubias.

if you pick the black ones out they tend to be the biters and i usually stick with the medium sized they dont chirp nearly as much

Four week old crickets is what I feed mine ,and if I have to feed them big I pull off the wings off the large ones ,so they cant rub them together and make noise.the ones with the long pointy wings are the males those are the chirpers

well he eats 3-4 med/lg crickets daily, and ive usually stuck with that, they dont chirp when i get them but then a week goes by and they chirp. ill try the food thing. thanks! or ill invest in some ear plugs :D

I cup feed... that way I can get the crix out at night if I need to and they don't wander around and bite my chams.

The brown ones seem less aggressive though. I can't say for sure that a brown cricket won't bite your chameleon, but I'm pretty confident that a black one will bite if given the opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom