Angus is getting spoiled

CC's Baby

Avid Member
So Angus is so darn cute - I have had him for almost one week now and he has come out with me all but one day each day and let me handle him. He eats like a champ from the get go - I think he is getting fat though -(see pic below ) . So I feed him about 11-15 small crickets - I have added in 4 small roaches and before I can get all the crickets in the feeder cup, he’s there snatching them up - I have to add them in between his chewing each one. He loves the feeder cup as long as it is below him. He was below it one day and tried to zap one or two from the outside since it was clear and it stunned him but I think he has figured it out. I have a special mini shallow bowl feeder that sits inside a green holder in the cage, however , I have spoiled him. Each afternoon when I get home from work, I come in and feed him 3 superworms as a treat. The catch is is that he wants me to hold that bowl up for him and he like to eat them “as long as “ I am holding it. When I tried to put it in the holder, he like sat down , as soon as I picked it up and put back in front of him , he gets up and gets them quickly. He’s spoiled and now goes to that area when i get home as I think he is waiting for those . He loves them ! He has also figured out that he does not like the mister nozzles and gets out of the way before they come on. And of all things he likes to sleep on the green bowl container because it is the width of his body and he can wrap all four toes around and lay his chin flat on it. It’s right in front of the cage door . Last 2 nights that is where he wants to be. It holds water drops well and he keeps drinking water from that and the vines. Although, he is fascinated by the little dripper tube that keeps dropping water On The leaves. I have found him completely in a trance watching the water come out of it in amazement by his intensity . I find it funny the way he watches it. Anyway, having fun with my baby and I miss him when I am at work so I got a pet cam that I can use my iPhone to watch him during the day when I’m at work. I did that today and it gave me peace of mind. I can also span over and see my Quaker parrot too so I’m enjoying that .

Attachments

• 009FF2AE-94F1-4AC8-A41D-79B1E0C916DA.jpeg
    009FF2AE-94F1-4AC8-A41D-79B1E0C916DA.jpeg
    258.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 7E0F0E4E-AFBC-4B95-80DB-62749686A3A5.jpeg
    7E0F0E4E-AFBC-4B95-80DB-62749686A3A5.jpeg
    228.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 6B080C7D-E0C5-4793-93A6-F8318A8B834E.jpeg
    6B080C7D-E0C5-4793-93A6-F8318A8B834E.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 113
  • 53CD1BDD-8D87-41EF-9678-2985120C04F8.jpeg
    53CD1BDD-8D87-41EF-9678-2985120C04F8.jpeg
    265.7 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Amazing how tame he is!! I'm envious, my females are like your males, I like the coloring of your cham, what locale is he? When he turns 6 - 8 months I would cut back on feeding, every other day, a fat cham is unhealthy. Fyi, they need heat and uv rays to digest and absorb their food.

Amazing how tame he is!! I'm envious, my females are like your males, I like the coloring of your cham, what locale is he? When he turns 6 - 8 months I would cut back on feeding, every other day, a fat cham is unhealthy. Fyi, they need heat and uv rays to digest and absorb their food.
Yeah, I am going to do that for sure.

Great attitude and beautiful colors. Sounds like an @Matt Vanilla Gorilla baby to me. Merlin is the same way just so chill never even puffed up at me once. Handsome guy keep the relationship strong and spoil him his whole life. Great looking boy.
Thanks. Yes I will certainly spoil. He doesn't try to hide or run from me, lets me mess with his feet and is just so laid back. Yes, @Matt Vanilla Gorilla does a great job of handling them obviously before they are sent so that they are used to it. Very happy with my boy!

Back
Top Bottom