Angry Cham!

Help! My Cham bites me every time I try to handle her! I stopped now but how can I help her?? My Cham is 5 months, veiled, female,and look down for more specifics.

Your cham is in angry teen stage. they all go through it.

Try hand feeding your cham, and just let them be, they are not social, snuggle animals.

They are not social animals, so don't be surprised if you're bit lol. My Cham hates my guts. I only handle him when needed

That's just typical veiled chameleon behavior. As for how hard they bite, my first one drew blood one time when he bit my finger. You can't pull away when they latch on, for fear of hurting them, but luckily it's a quick release. As I just said in another thread, my current 10 month old veiled has gone from biting to head-butting as he displays his displeasure with being disturbed. What characters they are! Gotta love them. :)

Lol yeah I bet. I've been bitten by a small spunky dog many times, I don't imagine a chameleons bite hurting more than that. Do they draw blood?

Nevermind the above post said they draw blood. Thanks. As far as head butting that seems pretty comical; more amusing than frightening to watch

My veiled is very temperamental. One minute he's perfectly fine with me, the next he's hissing and batting at my hand. He has picked up the habit of swinging his head around and smacking me with his head! The last time he bit me, he drew blood and refused to let go. I scared him pretty good by catching him as he was falling(he is missing nails on his back feet and seems to sometimes forget).

Lol yeah this is what I was thinking ^^^
I know it would startle me and as a reaction I may jerk back too quickly and harm the Cham, that's the only thing I'm worried about.

Veiled's --> Little Drama Queen Terrorists

My large male veiled, Osama, hates everyone and everything. If he doesn't try to kill or destroy something by noon he feels his whole day is lost.

On his daily patrols he makes certain to at the very least intimidate every other cham he can get to.

See this video where I tried to teach him to stay, but to no avail.

Osama the Terrorist Chameleon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onnBMeSOP2U

Also, he actively goes out of his way to try to burn my house down by tipping over heat lamps. See pics attached.

However, women love Osama, something about the bad boy complex they often have. Want to reform him. Quite a few women voters made him the Petco Most Beautiful Reptile of 2013.

Attachments

• Osama, morning puff up and stare down.jpg
    Osama, morning puff up and stare down.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 186
  • Osama (the terrorist chameleon) turning over heat lamp.jpg
    Osama (the terrorist chameleon) turning over heat lamp.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 183
My large male veiled, Osama, hates everyone and everything. If he doesn't try to kill or destroy something by noon he feels his whole day is lost.

On his daily patrols he makes certain to at the very least intimidate every other cham he can get to.

See this video where I tried to teach him to stay, but to no avail.

Osama the Terrorist Chameleon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onnBMeSOP2U

Also, he actively goes out of his way to try to burn my house down by tipping over heat lamps. See pics attached.

However, women love Osama, something about the bad boy complex they often have. Want to reform him. Quite a few women voters made him the Petco Most Beautiful Reptile of 2013.

Seriously NOT clever at all, no wonder your veiled is bad tempered, you deliberately grabbed his back, waved your hand in front of him, upsetting him but yet you jump when he lunged at you and then to top it off, put your panther right in his face, stressing both out! :mad:

ChamAllen. I can see the point that you are trying to make. Extremely poor execution imo. That video was sad - sad for the chams in your care. Your taste in choosing a name for him also speaks volumes.

Offensive.

Can I also say I agree with Zephalia, naming a cham after a evil terrorist seems rather amusing to you which I don't find funny and many new people come here as new owners and you are setting the WORST example of how not to behave with a chameleon.

I saw on your video and said people are missing the point and what is that exactly? You could have simply explained that chams are territorial and not social without causing stress like you did right there.

Firstly, I would like to say that video did not display how to "tame" a chameleon to "stay".

Secondly, getting back to the original poster. I have a male veiled. I've had him for five months, though he is still a juvenile. He is a little bigger now then my pictures of him (I need to get a recent picture). He has never bit me, knock on wood. He has hissed a few times and has bowed up a little. I have never seen any other territorial displays other than that. He has not rapidly changed colors while rocking, ect. He may still be too young for that (I would have to get more info on that).

Back
Top Bottom