Andy Portraits by Tabitha (Twitchet)

jannb

Chameleon Enthusiast
Andy 2.JPG
Andy.JPG

Tabitha (Twitchet) here on the forums painted two of the most beautiful portraits of my little Andy that passed away of cancer back in April. Tabitha is the most gifted artist. Her work is absolutely gorgeous. You can check out some of her other beauties on Esty, TheJollyChameleon.

Thank you so much Tabitha. These pieces will be treasured forever.

Some photos that Tabitha made above and a few my husband made not in the best lighting below.

Photos my husband made.

Portriat%20of%20Andy%207%2015%2017%20007_zpsj3erh735.jpg

Portriat%20of%20Andy%207%2015%2017%20008_zpscxmewhk8.jpg

Hanging in our home.

Portriat%20of%20Andy%207%2015%2017%20024_zpsmkoehyty.jpg

Portriat%20of%20Andy%207%2015%2017%20013_zpsje4okihu.jpg

I am so glad you got portraits done of him. I have several animals I will need to get done when I decide on pics etc that I will use. He definitely deserves the immortality of this.

Hi Jann,
Thank you so much for your very kind comments, it was an absolute pleasure to paint Andy, I know how special he and all your chameleons are so it was an honour.
It's wonderful to see them actually hanging in your home too,
Many thanks and best wishes
Tabitha:)

I am so glad you got portraits done of him. I have several animals I will need to get done when I decide on pics etc that I will use. He definitely deserves the immortality of this.

Thank you Amber! Andy was taken way to soon and sadly missed.

Hi Jann,
Thank you so much for your very kind comments, it was an absolute pleasure to paint Andy, I know how special he and all your chameleons are so it was an honour.
It's wonderful to see them actually hanging in your home too,
Many thanks and best wishes
Tabitha:)

You are welcome for the comments. They were well deserved. The pictures really don't do the paintings justice.

Jann, they are all beautiful. What a deserving tribute to sweet Andy.

Deb

Thank you Deb. Andy was such a precious little boy.

They are truly gorgeous!!! Such a nice tribute. I have the pleasure of also owning one of Tabitha's paintings, and will be aquiring more in the future!

Thank you for the nice compliment. Feel free to post your painting here so we can all see your beautiful portrait.

Thank you for the nice compliment. Feel free to post your painting here so we can all see your beautiful portrait.

Well, there's one little detail I left out. It's a painting of a beetle!:D I would however absolutely love to have a cham painting from Tabitha one day as well! If you want me to post the beetle painting I sure will. It's amazing and I actually have two more on order!:)

Well, there's one little detail I left out. It's a painting of a beetle!:D I would however absolutely love to have a cham painting from Tabitha one day as well! If you want me to post the beetle painting I sure will. It's amazing and I actually have two more on order!:)

Sure, post the beetle. I'd love to see it.

Ok here's the beetle painting! It may not be an especially bright or multi colored species like many of the beetles Tabitha paints, but it is an exceedingly rare specimen from Ecuador. I collect beetles and I used to have this specimen but sold it. Later I regretted selling it and so this painting has extra special meaning to me - not only is it an astounding work of art but at the same time it's almost like having my rare irreplaceable specimen back in greater glory than ever before! I just cannot say enough about how amazed I am with her work! Thank you again Tabitha!

Promocropoides bertrandi Painting reduced.jpg

Last edited:
Omg <3 such beautiful work as usual Tabitha <3... What beetle is that AZ?

It's Promacropoides bertrandi from Ecuador. In 20 years of collecting specimens, it was the only one I was ever able to purchase! Only a small handful exist in collections as far as I know.

Are they still... like alive (can't currently look up the species) to see if they aren't extinct or red listed etc?

Are they still... like alive (can't currently look up the species) to see if they aren't extinct or red listed etc?

I am not 100% positive on any of this because information is so difficult to find on them, but I don't believe they are extinct or red listed. From what I understand it is just such a remote and inaccessible place where they live that they are almost never collected. Even where they live, they are probably not common. Mine actually went to a museum in Canada, and even they had been searching many many years for a specimen!

View attachment 185945 View attachment 185946

Tabitha (Twitchet) here on the forums painted two of the most beautiful portraits of my little Andy that passed away of cancer back in April. Tabitha is the most gifted artist. Her work is absolutely gorgeous. You can check out some of her other beauties on Esty, TheJollyChameleon.

Thank you so much Tabitha. These pieces will be treasured forever.

Some photos that Tabitha made above and a few my husband made not in the best lighting below.

Photos my husband made.

Portriat%20of%20Andy%207%2015%2017%20007_zpsj3erh735.jpg

Portriat%20of%20Andy%207%2015%2017%20008_zpscxmewhk8.jpg

Hanging in our home.

Portriat%20of%20Andy%207%2015%2017%20024_zpsmkoehyty.jpg

Portriat%20of%20Andy%207%2015%2017%20013_zpsje4okihu.jpg
Woah! Those are beautiful paintings! Tabitha is so talented <3

Thank you everyone your very kind comments, they are very much appreciated :)

Thank you @AZChamFan I'm so pleased you liked the beetle, it means a great deal to me too:)

Thank you so much @jannb
it was a pleasure and honour to study and observe little Andy so closely and I'm delighted you are so happy with the paintings(y)

Back
Top Bottom