And Baby Pictures

Snapped a few baby pics today, first one out of the clutch, she weighed in at .56 grams and measured 2". Check her (I think) out!

dsc02368xl9.jpg

dsc02375lc5.jpg

dsc02370yg3.jpg

-chris

Thanks all!!

Here is the sire:

ambilobem11yz9.jpg

The dame is from a blue bar sire as well. And about sexing, (I know people are going to disagree with me) but you can tell by their coloration as well as the tale base. Female tale bases have kind of have a little bump out after the vent where males tend to be flat right after the vent. Females tend to have more brown barring and brownish orange coloration where males tend to have more blacks.

-Chris

Last edited:
Thanks Chris. I have been noticing what you mean by the coloration in my first clutch of hatchlings. There are definatly the brownish orange tinted ones and then the darker ones which you cans see where the bars are going to come in. I think. As with the tail base Its kinda hard to tell for me since they are that small. Maybe Im not looking hard enough. By the way that is one nice Ambilobe.

What a cutie! Congrats! The daddy sure has beautiful colors. I like the red. I wonder what he looks like fired up :D

I'm confused. I thought the males had the bump and the females were flat. Is it different for babies?

if you're talking the little bump on their heel of the back feet, then that is only for veileds, and these are panthers.

btw, Chris nice little one you got there. i'm harry, we talked for a little while on the saturday of the SC repticon show. At least i think it was you. sorry if it's not.

I'm confused. I thought the males had the bump and the females were flat. Is it different for babies?
It's not that it's different for babies, but because they're smaller (and the corresponding 'bumps' are so much smaller) - it's just much harder to tell whether there is a bump there or not when they are babies. Some species of chams can only be reliably sexed when they're quite a bit older.

Congratulations, very beautiful little girl! Are these Jacque's babies? If so I hope to be having their little cousins in a couple of months ;) If you don't mind me asking, how long was the incubation?

sweet ! congrats dude ! i know what it is to be waiting for a clutch to hatch. i know your glad this clutch is hatching now all there is to do is.........WAIT for the other clutches to hatch! hahahaha! lol :cool:

Hey man, congrats again! Sorry I've been away from the computer for a little bit otherwise would've commented sooner! There's not a real good side view but the one makes it look female to me also. Hmm...the first two I hatched were both females too. :D Keep the pics coming!

Wow Chris... That sire is on FIRE! (anyone who says different is a liar!, had to add one more rhyme:D)

I am horrible at sexing when they are so young... and your guess would be a lot better than mine that is for sure... But I would agree, female.

Back
Top Bottom