ampiskiana panthers

IMG_0675.png

Screen shot from google maps, from my Iphone

Ampiskiana is to commonly used. Its hard for me to believe its a simple typo or misspelling (disclaimer... that does not mean its not a misspelling). Google searches of Ampiskiana bring up chameleons related links only. At least the first few pages of links. The two names on the map bring up info on Maddy but nothing about panther chameleons. If there is another spelling being used and thats the place on the map then its an epic failure on both spellings. :D

I can still see the point where it could just be an undocumented area not listed anywhere.

If you search Ampisikinana its asks did you mean ampiskiana? :D

Last edited:
ampiskiana is to commonly used. Its hard for me to believe its a simple typo or misspelling (disclaimer... That does not mean its not a misspelling). Goggle searches of ampiskiana bring up chameleons related links only. At least the first few pages of links. The two names on the map bring up info on maddy but nothing about panther chameleons. If there is another spelling being used and thats the place on the map then its an epic failure on both spellings. :d

i can still see the point where it could just be an undocumented area not listed anywhere.

If you search ampisikinana its asks did you mean ampiskiana? :d

hahahaha you misspelled "google"

Ampiskiana is to commonly used. Its hard for me to believe its a simple typo or misspelling (disclaimer... that does not mean its not a misspelling). Google searches of Ampiskiana bring up chameleons related links only. At least the first few pages of links. The two names on the map bring up info on Maddy but nothing about panther chameleons. If there is another spelling being used and thats the place on the map then its an epic failure on both spellings. :D

I can still see the point where it could just be an undocumented area not listed anywhere.

If you search Ampisikinana its asks did you mean ampiskiana? :D

Whats your point? Try googling nosy faly, you get the same thing. Panther locales are a marketing scheme for the most part, and so is internet searching. It doesn't prove much. Most people would have trouble proving an ambanja is an ambanja(short of picking it off the tree yourself). Just because I can point out ambanja on a map doesn't mean the blue chameleon in my garage came from ambanja. I sure can't define ampikianana, but by the arguments given against it, I can't define ambanja either.

Ps-LOL hard@ the lord of the rings reference

frodo baggins and sam gamgee passed through many lands on their journey to ampiskinana. While nine set out from andapa to make the journey to sambava, it was only frodo and sam that made it ampiskinana. The would eventually join forces to return the ring to mordor.
Jk, jk :d

hahahahahahahaha

Put up your hand if you're sober! This was a very bizarre bunch of posts (but entertaining anyway). ;)

Whats your point? ....

Lots of people have been to Ambanja and photographed/videoed panthers that look like "Ambanjas." Do you know of anyone who's been to Ampiskiana or any other spelling of it and taken pictures of panthers there? I don't. Nature guides that have been touring Madagascar for close to 20 years haven't heard of it. It's variously described as inland east, northeast coast, and northwestern. Doesn't that seem weird??

Whats your point? Try googling nosy faly, you get the same thing. Panther locales are a marketing scheme for the most part, and so is internet searching. It doesn't prove much. Most people would have trouble proving an ambanja is an ambanja(short of picking it off the tree yourself). Just because I can point out ambanja on a map doesn't mean the blue chameleon in my garage came from ambanja. I sure can't define ampikianana, but by the arguments given against it, I can't define ambanja either.

I was pretty much going to say what Kent just said. I would like to add. As for Nosy faly on the first page I found this only a few links down
http://www.travelmadagascar.org/CITIES/Islands-around-Nosy-Be.html
. The island is described along with many others. The same can be said for ambanja. My point is the same cannot be said in 28 pages when you search ampiskiana.

I can point at my ambanja and tell you that it is an ambanja. That goes for all of his offspring as well.

I was pretty much going to say what Kent just said. I would like to add. As for Nosy faly on the first page I found this only a few links down
http://www.travelmadagascar.org/CITIES/Islands-around-Nosy-Be.html
. The island is described along with many others. The same can be said for ambanja. My point is the same cannot be said in 28 pages when you search ampiskiana.

All that proves is that Nosy faly indeed exists, but says nothing about the animals you would find there.

Lots of people have been to Ambanja and photographed/videoed panthers that look like "Ambanjas." Do you know of anyone who's been to Ampiskiana or any other spelling of it and taken pictures of panthers there? I don't. Nature guides that have been touring Madagascar for close to 20 years haven't heard of it. It's variously described as inland east, northeast coast, and northwestern. Doesn't that seem weird??

Just to play devil's advocate, your saying that because "lots of people" have been to Ambanja and snapped some photos, but not to Ampiski-blah blah, then every chameleon imported out of Madagascar MUST have come from one of the handful of areas that eco-tourism has put it's stamp on?

Back
Top Bottom