ampiskiana panthers

Not at all. There are plenty of panther "locales" that have never been imported but I'm aware of their existence. I'm saying since the word "locale" refers to an actual, physical place then it has to exist in physical space. By definition. Right??? So far I have seen no such proof. How can there be an actual place in Madagascar, that no one has heard of or been to, except for pardalis breeders? Do you know where it is? Is it northeast coast, inland east coast, or northwest coast? If you can't prove the place even exists it seems pretty darn silly to name a "locale" after it.

Edit: I'll ask again: Do you know ANYONE who's been to Ampiskiana and taken pictures of the panthers there?

Not at all. There are plenty of panther "locales" that have never been imported but I'm aware of their existence. I'm saying since the word "locale" refers to an actual, physical place then it has to exist in physical space. By definition. Right??? So far I have seen no such proof. How can there be an actual place in Madagascar, that no one has heard of or been to, except for pardalis breeders? Do you know where it is? Is it northeast coast, inland east coast, or northwest coast? If you can't prove the place even exists it seems pretty darn silly to name a "locale" after it.

Edit: I'll ask again: Do you know ANYONE who's been to Ampiskiana and taken pictures of the panthers there?

I could care less about the quasi-existence of ampiskblahblah, the point I'm trying to make is that reliable, precise locality data to support importations of panthers is very hard to come by. That being said, why should we put so much stock into naming the animals that we have, just because the importers label them with the name of a town that can be found on google maps? Is it a stretch to say that some of these imports come from areas outside the lines drawn in the dirt? If I were a animal trapper, and I saw a chameleon crossing the road in-between, lets say ambilobe and sambava, after a day of collecting from a named area, and I needed one more animal to fill my quota, I would bag his ass up, and send him to the infidels in america:rolleyes:.

I could care less about the quasi-existence of ampiskblahblah, the point I'm trying to make is that reliable, precise locality data to support importations of panthers is very hard to come by. That being said, why should we put so much stock into naming the animals that we have, just because the importers label them with the name of a town that can be found on google maps? Is it a stretch to say that some of these imports come from areas outside the lines drawn in the dirt? If I were a animal trapper, and I saw a chameleon crossing the road in-between, lets say ambilobe and sambava, after a day of collecting from a named area, and I needed one more animal to fill my quota, I would bag his ass up, and send him to the infidels in america:rolleyes:.

i love being an infidel. haha.

the point I'm trying to make is that reliable, precise locality data to support importations of panthers is very hard to come by. That being said, why should we put so much stock into naming the animals that we have, just because the importers label them....

....Is it a stretch to say that some of these imports come from areas outside the lines drawn in the dirt?

First off, I'm talking about far more sources than google maps when trying to find Ampiskiana. That was the very last source I checked. The point is that I DO care about where it is. If it's on the northwest side, and I can confirm where it is, I want to go there and take pictures of the panthers there. I couldn't care less about what anyone in the US decides to label their imported, unlabeled male. As for your point, I totally agree. I gave up trying to convince others of it a long time ago, though: https://www.chameleonforums.com/what-call-f-pardalis-morphs-7419/

wow i just started this thread witha simple question as to the differences between panther and askiminababab chammies and now its turned into a virtual turf war. somebody call the U.N. peacekeepers and get some bandages ready. f**k libya

OK, I'll bite. Prove it, tough guy:D

Anyway , like Kent said smart guy. Ambanja is well documented and you know it. Pictures and everything. You have to be just arguing for the sake of it. I could swear you know better. I would have a better chance proving my case with Ambanja than with Ampiskiana. Thats my point is that there is some information

Last edited:
Its kinda like leopard geckos, theres like 3000 morphs, but there really only 4:eek:

It's different because morph genetics come into play. There are many genetic mutations and the combinations of them make up different morphs. You are right that there are only a few subspecies

Last edited:
I could care less about the quasi-existence of ampiskblahblah, the point I'm trying to make is that reliable, precise locality data to support importations of panthers is very hard to come by.

But there is at least some supporting evidence for most locals. This "new" locale up until this point has no supporting information.

facelesdol + Fedel + Chris carter what does that =

They all have either owned or currently own the first "Ampiskiana"

It all makes since now!!!! :D I totally understand now.

Ill say one thing, the Malagasy folk are really big on the letter 'A', everything starts with 'A'! :)

Spelling error maybe?

Ampitsikinana is a small town in north-eastern Madagascar, near Mount Ambohitra. It is approximately 100 kilometres south of Antsiranana. Lat/Lon: -12.9333, 49.8000

6h6mib.jpg

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.as...0MC41NzA4NTI0MDc3NDglN2UxNy4yMjIwOTU5NTE0Mzg=

LOL great Saturday morning post...wow. Honestly Kent and Ryan J I could care less what you think about this. I honestly wish I was creative enough to make up a Malagasy-esque name. All I can say is I haven't been to Madagascar and picked out my own chameleons so honestly they could all be inbreeds for all I or you know. But the interesting thing is that there are a lot of other images that some how show up when you google image "ampiskiana" Here I'll do it for you...check out:
http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&sugexp=ldymls&pq=google.com&xhr=t&q=ampiskiana&cp=6&rlz=1C1_____enUS406&bav=on.2,or.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&sa=X&ei=4mFyTaO_A4O3twee9dSJDw&sqi=2&ved=0CB4QsAQ&biw=1600&bih=839

So as much as I would like to be known as the creator or founder of "ampiskiana" I can't say that I am. Oh and the comment earlier about Picasso, shoot I am flattered that I have been compared to Olaf...he is truly awesome and if anyone knew what he has contributed to the hobby they too would be extremely grateful.

So guys go have a Saturday...there are tons of other things to do than try to prove the impossible.

Chris

But there is at least some supporting evidence for most locals. This "new" locale up until this point has no supporting information.

I'm not disputing supporting evidence of most locales(in Madagascar). I'm saying you can't prove what you have here in the states is what you say it is, other than pointing to photos with location data that look like what you have. But we've had this discussion a million times right? This was entertaining last night, but now I have stuff to do. The only reason I'm responding now is because I'm taking a dump.

Back
Top Bottom