Amount of overspray?

Bonginator

We are preparing a juvenile panther setup and trying to decide on placement and watering system.

I was thinking of getting mist king with the rain dome. We also could go with aquazamp.

We live in Colorado where it is very dry.

How much overspray will we have to deal with. I was thinking of keeping the cage in a carpeted area but it sounds like that might be a problem. Does a lot of the water get on the floors?

Thanks!

I don't have the rain dome my friend but I do have a mist king. If you have the nozzle pointed to the center of the enclosure you will not have an issue. My enclosure is a dual set up and therefore the center piece is solid so they cant see each other. I have the mist king on the outer corners facing in. I get a tiny bit of moisture on that wall but nothing that the drainage can collect. I think too if you didnt want to run it for as long that would work as well. For an example right now I run three times a day for 2 minutes. In the summer I bump up the frequency to 5 times a day but only at a minute a piece. During the summer I seldomly see any water make it to the bottom as the live plants and the Chems collect majority of it.

I use an Aquazamp Raindome which I feel minimizes the overspray as compared to a regular misting head, but I still have a fair amount. The Raindome is placed on the front right corner of the cage so I get about 10-12 inches of overspray to the right of the cage and about a foot-foot and a half overspray off the front of the cage. I have it on carpet and line the area with paper towels. No damage to my floors yet.

If you haven't gotten a cage, check out Dragon Strand breeder cages. They are enclosed on the back and sides to virtually eliminate overspray. The added benefit for you would be that the enclosed sides would help trap humidity.

Ample foliage will reduce and spray escaping the cage. I was worried about spray getting out of the cage with my mistking but unless I purposely point the nozzle to spray away from the center 99% stays in the enclosure. Escaping mist depends on your enclosure and set up.

Back
Top Bottom