American cockroach

Joseph 1233

Do they make good feeders ?and I'm guessing they are easy too obtain in Canada or atleast legal if anyone knows thanks.

American Cockroaches are likely illegal for you guys, unless you can catch them in the wild. And no matter what temps you reach they can infest your actual home and live off of anything as food.

American Cockroaches are likely illegal for you guys, unless you can catch them in the wild. And no matter what temps you reach they can infest your actual home and live off of anything as food.
Thanks alot won't be trying that

Pinkies are useless fat and cartilage, no actual extra calcium only good is vitamin A in them. There is no point feeding a pinky to them, might as well go for a hopper. And not live, either whack it and stun it or do thawed. I would never feed more than once every other month and I am not one of those people who believes animal protein itself is bad to feed. Animal protein is bad to feed to feeder insects because of how they digest it.

I actually keep Americans and Australians as feeders. I find the Americans to be much better feeders than Australians. They're larger, very soft bodied and don't excrete that annoying sticky stuff that Australians and red runners do when you grab them.

They are the roach. They will live anywhere. I don't mind them, I keep them in a maximum security prison and they exist freely in south Florida no matter what you do anyway. My original American roaches came from egg cases I found when I was cleaning my garage. In 2 years I've maybe seen 2 inside my house and my colony is around 1000 I'd guess. I keep my house less attractive to them than the outdoors and life goes on. In colder climates though I'm sure your house would be more attractive than the outside.

damn you know your stuff thanks

I only know my stuff because I am obsessive when it comes to research lol. And I find nutrition fascinating. I just haven't been on much lately sadly.

Cricket colonies need at least 500 adult crickets to start off well and fast, more if you can. Heat sources are needed, preferably a basking light and ceramic heat emitter with them because they prefer absorbing heat from above sources. They need lots of fruits and veggies compared to dry gutload because they need high water sources when breeding. Provide moist soil where females can deposit their eggs in a two inch-three inch deep tupperware container with a lid so when they need to be removed you can incubate them inside their own rubbermaid bin for the younger crickets. Provide about 2x more the room you would for roaches for crickets of the same number.

I only know my stuff because I am obsessive when it comes to research lol. And I find nutrition fascinating. I just haven't been on much lately sadly.

Cricket colonies need at least 500 adult crickets to start off well and fast, more if you can. Heat sources are needed, preferably a basking light and ceramic heat emitter with them because they prefer absorbing heat from above sources. They need lots of fruits and veggies compared to dry gutload because they need high water sources when breeding. Provide moist soil where females can deposit their eggs in a two inch-three inch deep tupperware container with a lid so when they need to be removed you can incubate them inside their own rubbermaid bin for the younger crickets. Provide about 2x more the room you would for roaches for crickets of the same number.
Thanks for the cricket info! For some reason, I just hate crickets. They smell (coming from a person who cleans up chameleon poop everyday, like many other people), and are just annoying when you realize that they seem to chirp forever, at high volume. I seem to like research, especially about different health stuff.

Aw sorry CJ that was the wrong thread, lol I was supposed to put that on my thread *laughs* shows how together I am today.

Hmm, did I set the mister today? ;)

I have been having massive issues with my mister now that you mention it lmfao. I need to reset and do the times. Just because of undoing it after the shelves were being put in and putting Neptune back up onto it. I tried to fix it just normally. But a reset seems necessary.

I have been having massive issues with my mister now that you mention it lmfao. I need to reset and do the times. Just because of undoing it after the shelves were being put in and putting Neptune back up onto it. I tried to fix it just normally. But a reset seems necessary.
I'm sure that everything will be okay after the reset. I know this is off topic, but do you sell mantids?

Not currently no, and I will likely not do feeder mantids on any form of regular year round thing... maybe seasonally I will sell the feeder ones, like during... the spring or summer. But I am planning to get into orchid and the more complicated mantid species.

Not currently no, and I will likely not do feeder mantids on any form of regular year round thing... maybe seasonally I will sell the feeder ones, like during... the spring or summer. But I am planning to get into orchid and the more complicated mantid species.
If you do orchids, let me know! I love orchids, and hope to have one as a pet someday.

I think Andee is mixing up the American Cockroach Periplaneta americana with the German Cockroach Blattella germanica. The American roaches usually do not infest the house and prefer to live outside. Any ones found inside are usually dead, or will die shortly from lack of moisture. The German ones on the other hand will infest your house and are really hard to get rid of. The German roaches are the ones found primarily in large housing complexes and restaurants. The German roaches skeeve me out! :eek:

I think Andee is mixing up the American Cockroach Periplaneta americana with the German Cockroach Blattella germanica. The American roaches usually do not infest the house and prefer to live outside. Any ones found inside are usually dead, or will die shortly from lack of moisture. The German ones on the other hand will infest your house and are really hard to get rid of. The German roaches are the ones found primarily in large housing complexes and restaurants. The German roaches skeeve me out! :eek:
Yes I've seen lots of germans but never American in Canada

Back
Top Bottom