Ambilobe Hold Backs which one should i keep

Chameleon Mike

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I have two male hold backs but I plan on keeping one. Let me know what you think. They are both about 7 1/2 months old from the same clutch.

I am looking for red bodied. I think the green with the red bars looks great but the other one, although colors have a while to come in, looks like it may have more red when he gets a little older.

Attachments

• IMG952823.jpg
    IMG952823.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Screenshot_2018-12-08-09-53-16-2.png
    Screenshot_2018-12-08-09-53-16-2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 168
Lol.. what a tough decision, that one on the left is starting to show quite a bit of red, more than mine!! The red bars blue body on the right...... man.. I'd keep both, well, the good thing is which you decide to sell will sell quickly

Thanks. It's a tough decision. I wish I had room to keep them all. I'll have to see how they develop. I think the one on the left might be my keeper.

So I have two male hold backs but I plan on keeping one. Let me know what you think. They are both about 7 1/2 months old from the same clutch.

I am looking for red bodied. I think the green with the red bars looks great but the other one, although colors have a while to come in, looks like it may have more red when he gets a little older.
I like them both ! I would be intrigued at the coloring on the pink one. I don’t know how you decide on either of them they are both gorgeous.

Just took this pic of the red and green one getting ready for bed. It would be hard to let him go. I'll have to wait and see.

Attachments

• 20190109_220005.jpg
    20190109_220005.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 128
Thanks I appreciate the input. It's all a matter of opinion. I like to hear from anyone on these boys.

Thanks
So with hold back's I am assuming you breed them... How do you tell which ones you want to hold back when they are young? Are these Ambanja babies? I think they are both beautiful but I think that pale one is just waiting to pack a punch with his colors lol.

So with hold back's I am assuming you breed them... How do you tell which ones you want to hold back when they are young? Are these Ambanja babies? I think they are both beautiful but I think that pale one is just waiting to pack a punch with his colors lol.
Thanks. I think he is awesome looking himself. Yes I do breed them. It's hard to tell when they are real young. I try to keep the ones I think will have nice colors, usually with darker bars or showing colors early on. I've gotten tips and help picking good hold backs from other breeders like @Matt Vanilla Gorilla as well.
They are both Amilobe Panthers. Thanks for the comment.

Thanks. I think he is awesome looking himself. Yes I do breed them. It's hard to tell when they are real young. I try to keep the ones I think will have nice colors, usually with darker bars or showing colors early on. I've gotten tips and help picking good hold backs from other breeders like @Matt Vanilla Gorilla as well.
They are both Amilobe Panthers. Thanks for the comment.
Well thank you for posting pics of your guys. I love seeing all the different Chameleons. With all my learning being focused on Veiled's I really have no knowledge of the many others. But wow the different Panthers are so amazing to me with their color variations. I adore the blue one's. But blue is my favorite color. lol.

Back
Top Bottom