Ambanja or Ambilobe...

lisagr07

Avid Member
Is there any real "difference" in the two? How does one chose weither they're "into" one or the other?
What are the differences to look for or consider? Or do you just go with a color combo that you like?
Thanks,, lisa

I think it's really just color preference. there are differences in the colors they show but other than that, they're the same. what's your favorite color?

Is that the only difference between them? I've been thinking about getting one myself.
What would be the more unusual or sought after locales

I think it's really just color preference. there are differences in the colors they show but other than that, they're the same. what's your favorite color?

I'm really interested in something BLUE!!! That makes me think Nosy Be! I see a lot of blue in Ambanja's but Nosy Be's are Ambilobe... I'm trying yo see what the "blue options" are. Lisa

Is that the only difference between them? I've been thinking about getting one myself.
What would be the more unusual or sought after locales

yes, it's just the color that's different. I guess the more unusual are the rare locales...nosy mitsio, nosy faly.

I'm really interested in something BLUE!!! That makes me think Nosy Be! I see a lot of blue in Ambanja's but Nosy Be's are Ambilobe... I'm trying yo see what the "blue options" are. Lisa

if you want all blue, nosey be's for sure. if you want some blue you can go w/ an ambanja or ambilobes. ambanjas can have blue bodies w/ different color bars and ambilobes are usually have all colors and can have blue bars.

i've got a nosy faly. he's quite blue (with some greens, a white stripe, a white underbelly and of course, that trademark red rain). recently mine has even started developing some yellow/orange colours on his chin. he's really a gorgeous chameleon :)

May be these can help you decide.

First one an Ambanja next Ambilobe.

Attachments

• Juan Bobo 9mo #2.jpg
    Juan Bobo 9mo #2.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 416
  • Emebeleco 16 mo #4.jpg
    Emebeleco 16 mo #4.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 385

He He, that probably just made it harder! :D Great question though. For us young veiled owners, its not often we see that many colors! I love them all! So, Lisa, any favorites??? ;)

yes, it's just the color that's different. I guess the more unusual are the rare locales...nosy mitsio, nosy faly.

if you want all blue, nosey be's for sure. if you want some blue you can go w/ an ambanja or ambilobes. ambanjas can have blue bodies w/ different color bars and ambilobes are usually have all colors and can have blue bars.

i love the all blue in nosey be's and i love the blue bars i see in ambilobes, the of course the blue bodies of teh ambanjas are awesome also!!!!!

i've got a nosy faly. he's quite blue (with some greens, a white stripe, a white underbelly and of course, that trademark red rain). recently mine has even started developing some yellow/orange colours on his chin. he's really a gorgeous chameleon :)

the blue and white of nosey faly's along with the red rain is very seductive, ive always been excited by them.. got a pic of your guy? ;)

they both are gorgeous but these pics make me lean towards ambanja..

He He, that probably just made it harder! :D Great question though. For us young veiled owners, its not often we see that many colors! I love them all! So, Lisa, any favorites??? ;)

yeah, my main guy is a veiled whom i love dearly,,, not trying to replace him at all... just looking to expand my crew!!!! and i want some blue, i think im still leaning toward...... shoot,,, may just have to go with one of each!!!!!
probably though,,, nosey be or faly will win out!!!

I love blue colour too :D. Was planning on a NoseyB at first and ended getting a Ambanja X NoseyB for my first panther. He is turquoise blue with darker blue (sometimes look purple) bar. Since he is cross with a NoseyB, he have the red rain at the bottom and on the darker bar. The only down side is he is a cross not pure bred, which I don't mind at all and I love him soo much.

Attachments

• IMG_2297.jpg
    IMG_2297.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 309
Do you like warm colors or cool colors? Ambilobe= warmer colors such as red, yellow, orange, and green with yellow undertones. Ambanja= cool colors such as blue, green(with blue undertones). Nosy be are a different kind of blue, they are more solid colored. Ambanjas usually have a longer rosteral process.

Here are my contrasting boys, Fuego and Bonsai.

Attachments

• fuego and bonsai.jpg
    fuego and bonsai.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 226
  • fuego333.jpg
    fuego333.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 320
  • Bonsai333.jpg
    Bonsai333.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 324
I don't know but what I can say is that they're beautiful and if I were to get one, I want one in blue!! :D

I love blue colour too :D. Was planning on a NoseyB at first and ended getting a Ambanja X NoseyB for my first panther. He is turquoise blue with darker blue (sometimes look purple) bar. Since he is cross with a NoseyB, he have the red rain at the bottom and on the darker bar. The only down side is he is a cross not pure bred, which I don't mind at all and I love him soo much.

WOW he's beautiful!!

OMG i am so jealous. this is my favorite color and on a chameleon it looks phenomenal. Beautiful chameleons you guys!! I think I found my next chameleon :)

Ok, Seb, now you just have to determine which one! The top guy is a Nosy Be and my guy is an Ambanja. :D

How's about a blue banja? :D

ehahusar.jpg

gusynuty.jpg

e8adu7ar.jpg

zesuhasy.jpg

WOW !!!! I think I just found my next one too- ( when I am ready to handle 2 ) I was just talking to Laurie about my 14 hr days/ VS overtime pay being worth it- well, I don't know WHEN I will get my next one, but it will be like this, and I already know his name- OVERTIME :D

Ok, Seb, now you just have to determine which one! The top guy is a Nosy Be and my guy is an Ambanja. :D

This is pretty tough... I mean I like a nosy be because it's just a pure color but the banja is a nice color with another color too. I might say the banja man. I'll look into it :) I mean I still have until June to decide lol

Back
Top Bottom