Ambanja Hatchlings!

Kent67

Retired Moderator
Anybody remember how excited I was when I got Sid, my studly Ambanja type breeder? Ambanjas were the first regional color morph of panthers that I fell in love with in the very early 90's and they're still my favorite. I've had Sid about a year and a half now and his first born are just starting to hatch; which are my first Ambanja babies in 7 years. As a result of our house heater going out a couple days ago I was going through the incubator making sure everything was alright when I found the first hatchling already out of his egg (yes, definitely a male) last night. The second one just emerged within the last 30 minutes, which I know because I added some water to the clutch less than that long ago and his head wasn't even poking out. Only 6 months incubation for this clutch.

The male from last night:

100_0449a.jpg

And the new one that just emerged:

100_0458a.jpg

100_0465a.jpg

And the proud papa, Sid:

Picture003a.jpg

Thats Great news Kent, Looking forward to seeing these little guys grow. Would love to come and see them, Pap's looks great but pictures dont do him justice;).

Nice! It's good to see I'm not the only one who digs this version of the species so much! Thanks very much for the congrats, everyone.

Pap's looks great but pictures dont do him justice;).

Thanks, Chris. I've never taken a photo that I think really shows his color well. Unfortunately, that seems to have always been the case for me with this locale type. Give me a ring the next time you're in the neighborhood.

I want the one with the gold flakes on it. :D

:D We laughed out loud when we read that.

Kent those are gonna be some LEGIT ambanjas offspring. You must be pumped! Well done chap

This made me laugh, too. I actually "heard" a British accent when I read it. haha

Thanks everyone! More updates to come. I've got 2 more unrelated clutches, more from this pair, and a clutch from a different female mated to Sid due to hatch soon, too. 2010, the year of the Ambanja!

Oh, we'll definitely be trading some bloodlines I think. :) I've got another clutch I thought you'd prefer, though. This male bred to a daughter of Mike's Brantley. That clutch is about a month and a half older than the two that have hatched from this one so hopefully I'll be seeing them soon.

Oh, we'll definitely be trading some bloodlines I think. :) I've got another clutch I thought you'd prefer, though. This male bred to a daughter of Mike's Brantley. That clutch is about a month and a half older than the two that have hatched from this one so hopefully I'll be seeing them soon.

That sounds good too :)

We actually have another male ambanja that was from chads group as well that is starting to show some really amazing purples (he was one of the plain colored ones, he took some time to color up, but he's starting to look amazing :) )

Even MORE Ambanja Hatchlings

The first clutch has 15 babies out so far with 7 eggs remaining. Now my most highly anticipated clutch is starting to hatch, also. These are the babies from Sid that are grandsired by FLCham's Brantley (top of their Our Breeders page). These eggs have been incubating for a little over 8 months and the first one out is a large male! Definitely a holdback!!

Here he is, 0 days old:

100_0584a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom