Am i underfeeding or overfeeding?

YoshiiChameleon

Hi guys. I recently just got a male veiled chameleon. I believe they said he was between 3 to 4 months old. My question is if i’m underfeeding him.

I feed him about 12-16 (gut loaded) crickets a day. I recently just got super worms so i’ll feed him around 8-10 crickets and a few super worms every couple days. Is that enough? or is that too much?

I also dust his crickets every other day. Is that not enough calcium? (It’s calcium without d3).

Attachments

• 5482B4F9-818F-4CC7-B504-D1DE9D4590AB.jpeg
    5482B4F9-818F-4CC7-B504-D1DE9D4590AB.jpeg
    216.4 KB · Views: 145
Dust feeders with calcium w/o d3. Do calcium with d3 and multivitamin a few times a month ( I dont remember the exact number). Also your chameleon looks way older than 3-4 months probably 6-7 months maybe (possibly older). Not to mention “he” looks at lot more like a “she”. Can’t be too sure though you should probably wait till it gets a bit older to confirm the gender.

Dust feeders with calcium w/o d3. Do calcium with d3 and multivitamin a few times a month ( I dont remember the exact number). Also your chameleon looks way older than 3-4 months probably 6-7 months maybe (possibly older). Not to mention “he” looks at lot more like a “she”. Can’t be too sure though you should probably wait till it gets a bit older to confirm the gender.

Veileds are the easiest chameleon to tell gender. If they have tarsal spurs on there back feet they are male if not female.

D3 and multivitamins should be given twice a month.

Hey! I don't exactly think that is overfeeding or underfeeding exactly, die down a little but on the superworms, they have a lot of chitin, but keep the cricket diet the same. But as for the superworms just reduce like one or two. <3

Back
Top Bottom