Am I the only one?

daveo

Established Member
I worry about my little guy ALL the time. Am I alone? He seems to be doing well, but I think I see things that aren't there. I watch him all the time. Is he eating ok, Is that MDB, is he getting enough water? All of these things all the time. Does the act of keeping a lizard lead to anxiety?

Trust me its not a problem. Worrying is the best thing you can do for your little guy. It'll go away in time :D How long have you had the anxiety?

15 years of keeping reptiles and I never worried like this for any of them...
I think the reputation of chams being 'fragile' keeps you worried until you are eventually used to that...

It also shows you care a great deal for your cham!

I find the more I came to the forum and read about everyone else's health issues when doing research and after we first got Munsch the more I worried.
Reality is if you follow the care sheets, and use common sense everything should be fine.

They are taking all my freedom away,especially I like my babies environment without any single poops in there,which is non stop on the clock in between bugs clean n care then feed n mist them,but that keeps me very happy:)

I think all of us worry a little. I like to see it more as being attentive to their needs. But I do feel that some worry a little excessively.

Yes. I look at them all the time. My family calls me the crazy chameleon lady. The ladies at the vet clinic give me that, " here comes the craz__". It is kinda funny. But, I care so much. I also think its a huge challenge. I took Hannable to the vet yesterday because i got it in my head that he had gout. Im waiting for the tests but i dont want to siul4×3

I know exactly what you mean- I'm not sure I would say worry but even when I am just viewing my animals there's always a large part of me that is checking- as you say- does that leg look bendy- is that eye normal, is that tummy swollen, is it eating more or less than yesterday, has it drunk enough-did it drink too much? :rolleyes: I am ALWAYS looking- my partner can not understand what the pleasure is of keeping an animal that I 'continually obsess over' and he says I never truly relax about them,.. Which is true but I dont call it worry I call it being super attentive and observant and for me that is vital as I want to try my best to care for these creatures as best i can. There is , if I'm honest- a feeling of mild exhaustion of always checking them , even when my panther is out and being a clown I love watching him and his antics but there's still the other half of my brain accessing his behaviour and actions. I'd rather that than miss something that may of been able to be avoided:).

Actually the work is on bug n feeders care.....
U should see the discus fishes I had before,always need to make sure the water PH is 6.2 when breeding,contant water change 1/4 tank,and those Eheim canister filter on the breeding tank has to lower the spraying current before the eggs fall apart while clean the water quality n making sure not disturbing the parents of the discus so they won't eat them and that was some hard work back then .....at least I can hold the cham babies not the discus fish :)

downloadfile-2.jpeg
downloadfile-3.jpeg
Actually the work is on bug n feeders care.....
U should see the discus fishes I had before,always need to make sure the water PH is 6.2 when breeding,contant water change 1/4 tank,and those Eheim canister filter on the breeding tank has to lower the spraying current before the eggs fall apart while clean the water quality n making sure not disturbing the parents of the discus so they won't eat them and that was some hard work back then .....at least I can hold the cham babies not the discus fish :)
downloadfile.jpeg
downloadfile-1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom