Am I seeing the start of receptive colors 🫢

Alrighty!! Nachito took a nice big poop today, hopefully that means she’s moving thing along to get ready to lay. And with this poop I found her little poop stash that she’s been hiding from me, now I can clean it up lol. Today is her 32nd day since I first saw her receptive colors starting, so hopefully she’s going to lay soon

Alrighty!! Nachito took a nice big poop today, hopefully that means she’s moving thing along to get ready to lay. And with this poop I found her little poop stash that she’s been hiding from me, now I can clean it up lol. Today is her 32nd day since I first saw her receptive colors starting, so hopefully she’s going to lay soon
Yep any day now!

I know it’s terrible and trust me the first time is absolutely the worst. Bella, when she’s getting close to laying normally poops every day small poops. Always thought was also logical, because the eggs are pressing against her intestines and stomach.
But, I’m guessing Nachito is getting close, how’s her appetite?

I know it’s terrible and trust me the first time is absolutely the worst. Bella, when she’s getting close to laying normally poops every day small poops. Always thought was also logical, because the eggs are pressing against her intestines and stomach.
Her appetite is as big as normal. She ate her whole meal today. I hope your right about her being close 🤞🏻
Maybe I miss calculated her expected lay date, but I guess it’s just a waiting game
She also looks extra plump today XD

Just want to chime in on what I have documented with my girl…the first year (2020-2021) she laid eggs regularly, it was roughly 40 days (give or take) from receptive to the time she started digging. The 2nd yr (2022) I have the periods over 60 days from receptive to digging. Not sure why it was longer but she could have reabsorbed and become receptive again during that period. She has been pretty accurate to the day each year of being receptive and laying the eggs. I was surprised when I looked back at the calendars. According to the pattern she should start digging again in about a week or two. Her last clutch was Jan 2023. She doesn’t really show any color patterns but ALWAYS goes to the bottom and paces the entire perimeter for a couple days and then starts digging. My girl never had a decreased appetite during this time so I couldn’t use that as an indicator.

Bella was also pretty accurate the for 5 clutches in a row, except the first time one, that took really long I think at least 60 from going her first receptive colors and even stopped eating for more then a week. Later it was 30 days and exact 4 months between the laying. Except the first time, she eats as well till she lays. Our indicator is the gular edema one week prior to the laying.

Bella was also pretty accurate the for 5 clutches in a row, except the first time one, that took really long I think at least 60 from going her first receptive colors and even stopped eating for more then a week. Later it was 30 days and exact 4 months between the laying. Except the first time, she eats as well till she lays. Our indicator is the gular edema one week prior to the laying.
The only perk with multiple clutches is the pattern, usually no surprises 😅

I’m happy to say that today was a lot less eventful than the last few days for Nachito. She’s just been basking all day. I weighed her after I gave her her daily medication and she was 106.7 grams! Thank you again for all the support on here with my constant freaking out posting.

Here is a photo I snapped of her when I was trying to get her to hiss. I think she is wising up to the medication syringe as she didn’t hiss at it.
IMG_2720.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m happy to say that today was a lot less eventful than the last few days for Nachito. She’s just been basking all day. I weighed her after I gave her her daily medication and she was 106.7 grams! Thank you again for all the support on here with my constant freaking out posting.

Here is a photo I snapped of her when I was trying to get her to hiss. I think she is wising up to the medication syringe as she didn’t hiss.
View attachment 348620
What a little darling! I’m glad today was a better day for you and her.

Just a small comment, hopefully Nachitos getting close because her poops seem to be getting more frequent 🤞🏻she had a smaller one today and her last one was two days ago
Here is her little face peaking at the camera 🥰
IMG_2788.jpeg

We hit 108.4 grams today! Nachito still eats like she hasn’t seen food in weeks. I swear she would eat me broke if she could lol. She was showing off more colors today when she got her meds. I’m thinking she was been a little more stimulated so she flashed some yellows at me. She got some yummy silk worms as a treat with her meds :)
IMG_3031.jpeg
IMG_3030.jpeg
IMG_3034.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom