Am I feeding my baby Veiled Chameleon right?

Am I feeding my baby Veiled Chameleon right? I feed calcium everyday and 2 times a week I feed him calcium with d3 for the hole day. But a lot of people are saying to use multivitamins but the pet shop what I got him form said that I only need to do what I said and he is a good breeder he had 70 baby that he hatched and has lots of other reptiles that look healthy so I dont think hes wrong

Thank you.

Calcium without D3 every feeding. Calcium with D3 and multivitamin 2x a month. Check out the care sheets

Oh yes I did check out the care sheets and that multivitamin was needed but I was just cheeking um is it multivitamin with 3d or not with 3d?

Oh yes I did check out the care sheets and that multivitamin was needed but I was just cheeking um is it multivitamin with 3d or not with 3d?
If your multivitamin has d3 you will not need calcium with d3. The multivitamin I use is reptivite and it contains d3 so I just dont use calcium with d3. I supplement the multivitamin 2 times a month

If your multivitamin has d3 you will not need calcium with d3. The multivitamin I use is reptivite and it contains d3 so I just dont use calcium with d3. I supplement the multivitamin 2 times a month
Well as I already have calcium d3 I might just use multivitamin and use it 2x month and c d3 2x month is that ok?

If you use too much d3 your chameleon can overdose on it, which can be fatal if not corrected. That's why if your multivitamin has d3 in it you don't want to powder with just the calcium and d3.

Way way to much D3. They should be getting most of there D3 through there uvb light. I use D3 2 times a month max. Sometimes I even only give it 3 times in 2 months.
Multi vits give twice a month and calcium without D3 I give about 4/5 times a week.
Make sure you are gutloading your feeders. That's where the bulk of vits should come from.

Way way to much D3. They should be getting most of there D3 through there uvb light. I use D3 2 times a month max. Sometimes I even only give it 3 times in 2 months.
Multi vits give twice a month and calcium without D3 I give about 4/5 times a week.
Make sure you are gutloading your feeders. That's where the bulk of vits should come from.
OK I will do, um do I mix the calcium d3 with the multivitamin (with no d3) 2 x a month. Or do I just use the two separately?

No no, every two weeks a month, so it's better to spread it out like once every other week for each of them. So one week it'd be d3 on Friday, then the multivitamin, then the d3, then the multivitamin, example.

Oh ok so one month its d3 then the other month is multivitamins.
No did not mean to say that I git it now. So in a month the first half of the month will be d3 on Fridays then the second half of the month it will be multivitamins on Fridays, and then it starts over again. Am I right?

Yes that'll be fine ^^
What, about the second thing I said about the d3 being the first half in the month then multivitamins being the second supplement of the month? Sorry to be a pain just want to know exactly what you mean.

Thank you

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom