Always wanting to come out

I keep my chameleons on tall trees and condos that are much taller than me. If I walk anywhere near them they come down reaching and grabbing for me. One even grabs at the dog, like hey you, you are a way off of here. :D
That I also can Contest to . Miss queeny does the same here . It’s how she was raised , we kept things as close as possible . Phoebe reaches for all us and any visitors , she is quite the visitor as is Septiseye.

This is something my chameleon does. My dad @Matt Vanilla Gorilla and I have done some experiments to test a theory. Something we learned was that even if our hand is at the bottom of the cage the chameleon will come down and climb on us. All the chameleons we have ever sold have done this, and if you do not, believe me, you can ask @Kristen Wilkins here on chameleon forums. My personal belief is that your chameleon must love you because all the chameleons that we have sold have been shown love from us and have acted this way. What I suggest you do is spend time with your baby.
So does this mean Leon could love me? Or does he simply need a bigger cage.. cuz I think his cage is pretty big lol

Edit: I guess you could consider them loving you being a thing in a way, but to me love is a strong bond that most mammals can't even have. Maybe we have different definitions for the word. Not trying to argue. I just dont like anthropomorphizing animals, to me it does more harm than good. JMO

Last edited:
Sorry love is too complex of an emotion, it's physically impossible. They may like the association with you, but sorry all the science amounts against you thinking that. Don't take that the wrong way... some enjoy exploring, like to be on you, etc. Like what @Kristen Wilkins said they definitely like the space and to be out and about. But chams love you about as much as they love anything else they instinctually do. They aren't going to miss you if someone else provides the same care.
Dayum aight, I can chill with him liking being on me. I’m glad I got a Cham with a sweet chill personality instead of a grumpy one. Sucks that they can’t love but I’m not too bummed out that he won’t love me, but st the end of the day, that’s not what why I got him lol. Thank you for your help and advice!

I've made a post or two before asking about why Leon always wanted to come out of his cage. This was before he got his massive one and had a small one, people told me that he needed a bigger cage, so when I got one, he still wants to come out! I think he has plenty of places to hide run and play but he still wants to come out. Is his cage still not big enough? He uses all of it! I just want to know why he still does this, my friend and I think that maybe he just thinks of my whole room as his cage or something. Heres his cage sort of now, It has one new plant in it in the back right corner filling in that whole spot and looping to the bottom.

try to elevate his/her cage above the ground, a coffee table works great for my chameleon

Back
Top Bottom