Always dark Cham

N572

I’m new to owning a Cham I did the wrong thing as many people do and bought a young veiled chance from petco. I brought it home yesterday and my Cham was a little aggressive but not too freaked out he wasn’t going crazy trying to get away or anything but he was trying to bite me when I was trying to put him in his cage. Earlier today I had to remove him and add some extra stuff for him to climb around because The vines I had apparently weren’t secure enough.while Putting my Cham back in the cage he started freaking out an as best as I can describe threw himself off my couch twice witch would be about a 1 foot fall. I’m not sure if he would be able to hurt himself like that or not but he seems to be normal since then. One of the bigger mistakes I made was I went to the pet store for about three days befor buying my Cham an I have never seen him green he has always been somewhat dark or very light grays and browns with white spots an the peak of his back and head are almost always light brown like a bleach stain almost. The pet store was not able to tell me how old my Cham is or what sex. I believe that he is male and is just turning into a juvenile.it hard for me to tell for he’s always darker colors. I know that he will most likely be stressed for a week or two in a new home and after taking a fall. but is anything I’m describing sound like a red flag that maybe something else besides stress could be wrong.

This is the first time he’s hanging below the lights I can’t get a good pic at this very moment

Attachments

• 0E268973-9440-433F-845B-433B594AE4D5.jpeg
    0E268973-9440-433F-845B-433B594AE4D5.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 113
  • EE799180-1874-4706-94D5-519C378F5276.jpeg
    EE799180-1874-4706-94D5-519C378F5276.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 111
  • DBF49248-F4C5-4101-B963-02B8C915FCA0.jpeg
    DBF49248-F4C5-4101-B963-02B8C915FCA0.jpeg
    189.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 3B05001A-B86A-4E12-8E79-A4F08A20E869.jpeg
    3B05001A-B86A-4E12-8E79-A4F08A20E869.jpeg
    155.1 KB · Views: 128
This is the first time he’s hanging below the lights I can’t get a good pic at this very moment
So the enclosure is set up incorrectly and you have the wrong UVB lighting for it. You will want to do a crash course in proper husbandry. So read every single module. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/
Then let me know what questions you have.
Also do not have the towel touching your lighting on top. That is dangerous.

I’m new to owning a Cham I did the wrong thing as many people do and bought a young veiled chance from petco. I brought it home yesterday and my Cham was a little aggressive but not too freaked out he wasn’t going crazy trying to get away or anything but he was trying to bite me when I was trying to put him in his cage. Earlier today I had to remove him and add some extra stuff for him to climb around because The vines I had apparently weren’t secure enough.while Putting my Cham back in the cage he started freaking out an as best as I can describe threw himself off my couch twice witch would be about a 1 foot fall. I’m not sure if he would be able to hurt himself like that or not but he seems to be normal since then. One of the bigger mistakes I made was I went to the pet store for about three days befor buying my Cham an I have never seen him green he has always been somewhat dark or very light grays and browns with white spots an the peak of his back and head are almost always light brown like a bleach stain almost. The pet store was not able to tell me how old my Cham is or what sex. I believe that he is male and is just turning into a juvenile.it hard for me to tell for he’s always darker colors. I know that he will most likely be stressed for a week or two in a new home and after taking a fall. but is anything I’m describing sound like a red flag that maybe something else besides stress could be wrong.

I can say I had seen thing happen ND he isn't getting warm enough ...I thought I was keeping mine warm enough...just to see. Adjust his lighting a little get temp up just a little more ND I swear you will see a fast improvement in his cor

Back
Top Bottom