Alternate ClearSide DIY

Ruthless

Avid Member
B9A6544E-5378-4ACC-A0A9-4F80024FFEDD.jpeg

So today I decided on using this to help with humidity in my Panther setup. I didn’t know if I would like how my cage would turn out using the other ClearSide diy in the forum. So I went this route because if I didn’t like it I can just simply remove it. And my local Walmart had it on clearance for $3.00. With this diy you just use the double sided tape around the outside edges of the cage then cut your film to size and use a hairdryer to get out all the wrinkles. When I was done it came pretty clear. Maybe someone else might find this helpful.

Interesting idea... the only other thing I have seen is rescreening the panels with 20 gauge marine vinyl.

Interesting idea... the only other thing I have seen is rescreening the panels with 20 gauge marine vinyl.
Yes but I didn’t want to go that route I figured this way I can always take it of or put a new sheet if it got damaged with no hassle or mess. So far it’s done a great job with helping humidity. And I had showed my wife and she couldn’t even tell the film was there. Another plus was that I used thumb tacks to hold my branches in place then afterwards I puts a sheet over the side and shrink it to size.

Yes but I didn’t want to go that route I figured this way I can always take it of or put a new sheet if it got damaged with no hassle or mess. So far it’s done a great job with helping humidity. And I had showed my wife and she couldn’t even tell the film was there. Another plus was that I used thumb tacks to hold my branches in place then afterwards I puts a sheet over the side and shrink it to size.
Awesome. Just make sure the thumb tacks are really tight so the branch is not moving and so they don't pop out.

I have done the back and 1 side I aim my mister spray nozzle towards the corner where the film meets. I might do the other side of the cage but not sure :unsure: if I need to at this time.

I have done the back and 1 side I aim my mister spray nozzle towards the corner where the film meets. I might do the other side of the cage but not sure :unsure: if I need to at this time.
Awesome. Thank you. I'm thinking of doing this as well. For my climate in this part of Colorado is that of a tempered desert. In fact we have lizards that should be coming out of brumation here shortly. You can find them in parking lots basking on the hot concrete. They always scare the poop out of me when I'm walking and they go scurrying off.

Just did this today on my new diycages.com cage. Looks great and works great. I wanted something temporary to keep overspray in, until I can do my foam background.

It looks good. Im also concerned with how covering my cage sides will make it look. However. How do you clean between the screen and film? Or do you just throw it away and start over?

It looks good. Im also concerned with how covering my cage sides will make it look. However. How do you clean between the screen and film? Or do you just throw it away and start over?
I haven’t got that far yet but I’m not sure how often you would need to clean the film cause I don’t see it becoming dirty from anything. Maybe if your going to do a deep clean then I would just peel it off then redo it.

Fine by me - dont notice any spots on the screen.

My guy was moved temporarily near a sunny window and the sunlight at sunset created a very clear reflection at a certain part of the cage. He didnt seem stressed but he was focused on it, so I pulled the film down halfway.

Back
Top Bottom