Alien viv

Rorschach

Avid Member
Test run
Still in the build process slow progress but taking care of some side projects but another sneak peak
20160917_132035.png
the big plant will be changed out soon just waiting for the perfect plant lol as well as the fake plants onnthe outside will be replaced with live plants.

This looks incredibly awesome!
Where's the door though? And can I ask where you got the sphere from? Not that I'd be able to make something like this, just curious

Thanks for the compliments every one. The door is actually on the back side almost at the top its a 2 foot access pannel that is screened off to allow the light to shine through. And to give it a different kind of look . The sphere its self is a reject from an old fiberglass company i used to work for. I had the idea to repurpose it as planters for the garden than decided to try and make one into a vivarium. Its only temporary untill my chameleon gets bigger. I just thought it would be fun to try. The sphere its self sits inside of a metal shower pan that i repurposed from an old job site i worked at. And all the plants are inside a 40 gal smart pot just sitting inside the shower pan. Everything's completely removable for easy cleaning disassembley and transporting
I plan on using it for poison dart frogs later in the future kust wanted a practice run with a viv so i can apply my new knowledge to a bigger setup for him

The spheres came from ace composites after i use the rejects up the owner gave me permission to make some. So thats neat. But for the most part the build was free

That is totally amazing- That is just looking so brilliant - How did you cut the design out?
It will be awesome with pdf's in it- any idea what sp yet?
I have some and they are super. :)

I honestly wasn't surenhow it was going to turn out and really glad you guys like it. I used an engraving tool with a cut off wheel for fiber glass it cuts really easy . The cut out design its self i just drew it real quick to try it out. I have another sphere that will be cut out alot fancier just didn't want to put too much time in it if it wasn't going to work out. And now that its up and running i cant wait to start on the new sphere. The nice thing about this project is i can swap out the sphere and not disturb the plants As for the poison dart frogs its really hard to choose from. But im sure my daught already has some in mind thanks again everyone

What size wheel is it that you can get nice curves like that? It's really great- looking forward to seeing the next if this was the prototype!
I have leucomelas-( bumblebees) and patricia and sipalwini. They are all housed as separate species of course. The bumblebees are great because you can house several together unlike 1-1 or 1-2 of the tinctorius.

Its 36 inches deep.
it was made inside a 2 piece mould to give a perfect finish the next pictures are internet examples of the mould and sphere planters that a different company makes. Same size. I just dont have any pics of the moulds at the shop where i get mine from
Screenshot_20160918-085619.png
Screenshot_20160918-084458.png
definitely glad i get mine for free

Back
Top Bottom