Albino chameleons?

Ahtee

i've recently been thinking about this and there seems to be an albino everything from snakes to elephants. however i've never ever heard of an albino chameleon of any sort was wondering if anyone ever thought about this as well. has anyone ever hatched out an albino cham? dead or alive?

Translucent seem to be the closest thing I've seen while poking around the interweb about albinos lol. Tho I may be wrong.

Translucent seem to be the closest thing I've seen while poking around the interweb about albinos lol. Tho I may be wrong.

i guess they are. im just puzzled at why there arent any totally white,red eye-ed chameleons. weird world

I believe most animals can have albino or close to albino morphs. I never thought it was a good idea for any amphibian or reptile that lack pigment to be in general pet trade because of weaker genetics IMO. Anything that needs the sun to live has a definite disadvantage if it lacks pigment.

I believe most animals can have albino or close to albino morphs. I never thought it was a good idea for any amphibian or reptile that lack pigment to be in general pet trade because of weaker genetics IMO. Anything that needs the sun to live has a definite disadvantage if it lacks pigment.

Albino, anerythristic, hypomelanitic, melanistic, pied, amelanistic, they are all gentic traits not flaws, weaker genetics come from the race to inbreed and reproduce them faster than just doing it the right way. There have been few issues with the morphs some red eared sliders and other species have had eye issues but its undetermined why though I have a few guesses.

Our Albino female iguana has basked in the sun her entire life and is flawless, she was produced by Tom Crutchfield whos breeding groups live outside in full sun conditions. Morphs do not alter the reptiles genetics making them weaker. Most wild produced morphs are just not seen due to being victims of predators as they stand out and do not have their natural line of camo defense.

Morphs do not alter the reptiles genetics making them weaker. Most wild produced morphs are just not seen due to being victims of predators as they stand out and do not have their natural line of camo defense.

huhuhuu.jpg

Is this an albino?

I found this lovely in my garage and have been wondering if it is an albino.

Attachments

• Albino Lizard.jpg
    Albino Lizard.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 296
Most albino animals are at risk of predation, etc. Due to their color...or should I say lack of it??

Actually, you should say lack of pigmentation. Yes?

Or full of it. As white is all the colors combined?

Either way, the point is that the genetics are "weaker" as the animal has less of a chance of thriving. Whether its because it stands out more, issues with UV absorption, thermoregulation, or what have you.

I do not believe that jackson in the link is actually albino, but merely has alot of red, and is maybe sick, about to shed, stressed colored, or a multitude of these things. They can get fairly pale, and show a decent amount of red at times. They can also show the greens/blues that the other animal is showing, making the supposed albino animal look even more pale and red.

Holy crap. That's BIG money right there if that's what I think it is. I've got a Tokay gecko and they're normally cheap (if they're wild caught), but when you get something like that they're very valuable in the right hands. I've personally never seen a morph like that in Tokay's. Be careful, though... they've got a NASTY bite.

Can't really tell...were the eyes dark pink or pigmented? If they are pink that's an albinistic trait. If they are pigmented it's probably a leucistic trait or a very light individual.

Back
Top Bottom