Air freshener

Snuits

Chameleon Enthusiast
Is air freshener safe to use in the same room as a chameleon? I wanna spray my room with pumpkin spice. Yum 🎃 lol but wanna make sure it's safe first & I dont trust google lmao

Deodorant bars are pretty good for this, you might want to use something that releases a scent, not a mist or smoke. I’ll have to link some.

I know they’re pretty safe since we use them in the veterans home, usually around people who can’t be around aerosols or smoke. They smell great too.

Considering how fragile chameleon lungs are, I would be very hesitant to use anything heavily scented near chams. Now that I have all of my lizards together in one room, I dare to give my kitchen trash can a spritz of Lysol and my living room curtains a quick spray of Febreze. If you really want to add some scent in your space, I’d take a cloth or pillowcase into another room and give it a light spray and then place it near yourself, like chair, sofa or bed.

What it boils down to is, "What's in the product?"

1631281188501.png

We also need to look to what's in the scent itself. Some natural scents may contain chemicals harmless to humans, but irritants to animals—particularly those (like chameleons) with simpler/sensitive lungs & breathing passages. I don't use any scents around my reptiles (other than the very mild scent in Nature's Miracle, but that dissipates quickly, and is usually gone by the time the reptiles go back in their enclosures). Were there some reason to (which a cannot think of ATM), I would avoid anything strong or pungent.

As @Klyde O'Scope mentioned. It is a gray area. It depends on exactly what, how much and ventilation.
A little light sent may be ok, but depends on how it is delivered.
I have used free breeze on areas in the room away from the chameleon.

If you want pumpkin spice smell, bake some biscuits or muffins. They don’t even need to taste good, but it will be a safe smell

Okay , thanks guys! No smell it is. Lol I would do the pillow thing but I don't wanna bring my pillow or belongings out of my room. I have a hard time with that still. I don't even bring my phone out of my room most of the time. Just weird about cross termination & even though I wipe down my stuff several times a day. Taking it out of my safe place for the most part is a no go.. I got to suck it up when I take Wasabi to the vet. But thinking of someone else's yucky fingers on him hwhfrhheueuejrh. 🤢🤮
I will be okay! Lmao. Anyways thank you very much.

Okay , thanks guys! No smell it is. Lol I would do the pillow thing but I don't wanna bring my pillow or belongings out of my room. I have a hard time with that still. I don't even bring my phone out of my room most of the time. Just weird about cross termination & even though I wipe down my stuff several times a day. Taking it out of my safe place for the most part is a no go.. I got to suck it up when I take Wasabi to the vet. But thinking of someone else's yucky fingers on him hwhfrhheueuejrh. 🤢🤮
I will be okay! Lmao. Anyways thank you very much.
I would think there would be a lot of hand-washing and vinyl gloves when vet & staff handle Wasabi, no?

No reason you couldn't wear them too, if it helps.

I would think there would be a lot of hand-washing and vinyl gloves when vet & staff handle Wasabi, no?

No reason you couldn't wear them too, if it helps.
Yea. They will wear gloves more than likely... I just have a hard time hahaha. Cause they touch the gloves to put them on. Etc.
I don't even sit down in doctors office. I mean I hand sanitize my hands after touching my own keyboard or desk that I wipe down several times a day. So I'm pretty bad right now. Lol it's all extreme & I know it's in my head. But yea that's me. Anyways hahaha I know the check up will be good for him. So I'm gonna.

Yea. They will wear gloves more than likely... I just have a hard time hahaha. Cause they touch the gloves to put them on. Etc.
I don't even sit down in doctors office. I mean I hand sanitize my hands after touching my own keyboard or desk that I wipe down several times a day. So I'm pretty bad right now. Lol it's all extreme & I know it's in my head. But yea that's me. Anyways hahaha I know the check up will be good for him. So I'm gonna.
If it helps to know this but my mom did nurse training and they sterilize their hands and they have sterilized gloves that they put on in a very specific way so there hands don’t touch the gloves. She showed me how to do it and it’s so cool for the washing hands you literally scrub evry swuare inch and for the gloves it’s the complicated process of getting them from the sterile box onto ur hands

Back
Top Bottom