Aggressive Male

Jp41

i have about 8 month old male. And he is just super aggressive when come time for someone to have there hand in his cage. Most of of the chameleons I've kept or keep are Very easy to handle with a little work.
I have been trying with this guy all the normal things but he just not coming around. I'm just starting to accept that he doesn't like to be handled. Any one have this where they just hate when you have to handle them. Cleaning, etc. I guess it just hard for me to accept

This will sound silly, but one of my panthers hated hands. Would get all puffed up and scared if my hand was too close. I started working with him wearing green gardening gloves, at the recommendation of another member. It worked really well. I have no idea why, but he wasn't as afraid of my hands when they were "green." Now he has zero fear of my hands without the gloves.

This will sound silly, but one of my panthers hated hands. Would get all puffed up and scared if my hand was too close. I started working with him wearing green gardening gloves, at the recommendation of another member. It worked really well. I have no idea why, but he wasn't as afraid of my hands when they were "green." Now he has zero fear of my hands without the gloves.
Interesting. I have noticed my cham being a bit more cautious when I wore a very colorful hoodie. I then took it off and he was just fine

Is your male a panther? I don't know much about veileds, that's why I asked. My male panther was a demon straight out of hell at 8 months old. He gaped, hissed, and puffed at me every time I looked at him. He even bit me once. Males often go through a "teenage" phase when they are extra grumpy. It didn't help that his breeder never handled him. My male is now 13 months old and calm as can be. Even though I only handled him to clean the cage, he tamed down. Now when I open the cage, he runs up my arm because he associates me with his free range tree. He never hisses, gapes or puffs up at me anymore. Give your boy some time. He might surprise you.

It's a male Panther. And he does bit when I go in cage. I will try the green glove idea.

There are a few methods that can get them used to you, with some success. I've noticed that my males get worked up when they see any bright reds or yellows on my clothing. I've got some females that will charge toward me to get food or free rang time, and some that will cower and run at the sight of me. Sometimes we have to just deal with the fact that they are wild animals and their instincts can't be overcome in some instances. Everything that moves is a potential predator for chameleons in the wild.

Back
Top Bottom