age, weight, and length

jagmom98

Established Member
My Dino weighed 160 grams at the vet. I believe he is 6 to 7 inches from nose to vent. He looks pretty good. I am a little unsure about his age. I bought him from Backwater reptiles, and they said he was 6 to 8 months old. So that makes him about 20 Months! He didn't look that old, as he was small. Any help? Just curious. Thanks, Julie

So these were pulled from one of out other very experienced members on her Male Veiled. So it will give you a reference for age to weight. My guy is supposed to be about 8 months now and is about 6-7 inches nose to vent.

2 ½ months 15 grams
4 months 40 grams
5 months 74 grams
8 months 138 grams
9 months 148 grams
10 months 170 grams
11 months 180 grams
12 months 189 grams
13 months 193 grams
14 months 196 grams
16 months 206 grams
17 months 211 grams
19 months 216 grams
20 months 221 grams
21 months 224 grams
24 months 222 grams

So these were pulled from one of out other very experienced members on her Male Veiled. So it will give you a reference for age to weight. My guy is supposed to be about 8 months now and is about 6-7 inches nose to vent.

Thought it would be nice to see this data represented graphically, so I went ahead and made it into a line graph! You can really see the fast growth pattern early on and the plateau later on this way

Male veiled weight over time.png

according to that table, Dino is super small.

Honestly, you can't trust Backwater Reptiles to tell you pretty much any accurate information when it comes to age lol (or most other things tbh :cautious:). I bet your cham is younger than they told you by several months. Also, different chameleons have dramatically different weights even at the same age. There are many factors at play, all of which combine together to make an individual cham's weight

according to that table, Dino is super small.
Don’t worry I am a new Cham owner and my Cham was the smallest of the clutch two months from then he is 4 months old and is a monster at 80 grams and 5.5 to 6.5 inches snout to vent

My Dino weighed 160 grams at the vet. I believe he is 6 to 7 inches from nose to vent. He looks pretty good. I am a little unsure about his age. I bought him from Backwater reptiles, and they said he was 6 to 8 months old. So that makes him about 20 Months! He didn't look that old, as he was small. Any help? Just curious. Thanks, Julie
Also don’t worry about how big he is I think he looks amazing

Back
Top Bottom