Age/size

Do you have a follow up visit? or did they just say its not needing treatment?
So I gave the stool to my local vet station and from there it was sent to the vet station in the capital city because here they don’t do fecal exams. Today I picked up the bill and the results in my local vet station and was told to contact the capital city vet station because that’s basically the only place where exotic animals can be treated here in Croatia. First I’m gonna call them and see what they say and I’m gonna drive him there for a check up if needed.

This really threw me off guard because he’s been doing really well lately. I’m noticing growth, he’s been eating well, he loves catching his food, is active and always alert. I’ve never seen him sleep during the day, his eyes aren’t sunken and his colors are amazing. His poop looks normal and he definitely isn’t dehydrated.

e off guard because he’s been doing really well lately. I’m noticing growth, he’s been eating well, he loves catching his food, is active and always alert. I’ve never seen him sleep during the day, his eyes aren’t sunken and his colors are amazing. His

It doesn't sound like the count is that awfully high, if they are not making a big deal out of it. I know alot of folks choose to not even treat Pinworms, as long as the count is low, so it may be nothing to worry about.

I would call the vet, and see what they have to say about it, and wait for people that are more experienced with Parasites to chime in.

It doesn't sound like the count is that awfully high, if they are not making a big deal out of it. I know alot of folks choose to not even treat Pinworms, as long as the count is low, so it may be nothing to worry about.

I would call the vet, and see what they have to say about it, and wait for people that are more experienced with Parasites to chime in.
Yeah, I’ll call the vet of course and see what can be done. Can pinworms stunt his growth?

Yeah, I’ll call the vet of course and see what can be done. Can pinworms stunt his growth?

I honestly dont know.

Has he started getting bigger yet? It could just be a late bloomer still. My guy has been exploding, he is already almost double the weight he was the last time I posted. He hasn't grown much larger yet, but his tail is much much much fatter than it was before, he is bulking up, and getting longer, at an extremely fast pace, vs a slower more normalized growth rate. He has also doubled his food intake out of seemingly no where. Went from 2-3 large crickets to 6-7, literally in one day, one day he refused the 4 cricket the next he ate 6, now he has been eating 6-7 every day for a week. And still eating 4-5 flies as well.

I honestly dont know.

Has he started getting bigger yet? It could just be a late bloomer still. My guy has been exploding, he is already almost double the weight he was the last time I posted. He hasn't grown much larger yet, but his tail is much much much fatter than it was before, he is bulking up, and getting longer, at an extremely fast pace, vs a slower more normalized growth rate. He has also doubled his food intake out of seemingly no where. Went from 2-3 large crickets to 6-7, literally in one day, one day he refused the 4 cricket the next he ate 6, now he has been eating 6-7 every day for a week. And still eating 4-5 flies as well.
Well honestly I’m noticing some growth, but nowhere near what you’re describing. I don’t notice it because it isn’t big growth and I see him every day, but my parents say that he’s grown. His food amount varies. 4 days ago he ate 8-10 dubias, 3 days ago he ate 5 bsfl, 2 days ago 2 dubias, yesterday a few dubias I think, I honestly can’t remember, but I know he didn’t eat much and today 4 bsfl. Considering his eating habits like a month ago, the situation has improved. Also, I’m glad to hear your boy is doing great :). Here are some pictures, the first 3 are like a month and half ago and the last 4 are from yesterday. Right now, he’s about 8 months old.

Attachments

• E51A2964-E86B-4253-A8CD-DD4DFE074793.png
    E51A2964-E86B-4253-A8CD-DD4DFE074793.png
    530.6 KB · Views: 71
  • A44D8886-603B-4DF9-A8E3-580424708CAF.png
    A44D8886-603B-4DF9-A8E3-580424708CAF.png
    599.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 3FA21733-FD49-45DB-AE83-788FAB346A0D.png
    3FA21733-FD49-45DB-AE83-788FAB346A0D.png
    627.3 KB · Views: 95
  • 3F1147B9-8CA5-4EA5-A758-67F7EA9D577C.png
    3F1147B9-8CA5-4EA5-A758-67F7EA9D577C.png
    638.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 135ED6F3-7921-4DB5-A09D-90DDC5CC0B7E.png
    135ED6F3-7921-4DB5-A09D-90DDC5CC0B7E.png
    630 KB · Views: 96
  • 9D0BDFBD-CFA0-4A35-B5F1-B3B6EAB793A8.png
    9D0BDFBD-CFA0-4A35-B5F1-B3B6EAB793A8.png
    541.2 KB · Views: 71
  • E435A321-28CD-413F-8DE9-5691A856851C.png
    E435A321-28CD-413F-8DE9-5691A856851C.png
    489 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Well honestly I’m noticing some growth, but nowhere near what you’re describing. I don’t notice it because it isn’t big growth, but my parents say that he’s grown. His food amount varies. 4 days ago he ate 8-10 dubias, 3 days ago he ate 5 bsfl, 2 days ago 2 dubias, yesterday a few dubias I think, I honestly can’t remember, but I know he didn’t eat much and today 4 bsfl. Considering his eating habits like a month ago, the situation has improved. Also, I’m glad to hear your boy is doing great :). Here are some pictures, the first 3 are like a month and half ago and the last 4 are from yesterday. Right now, he’s about 8 months old.

Well, in my case I dont have a real definite Age, somewhere in between 7 months and 9, I think its closer to 7 for me, they never actually said his age, so I was guessing 3 months, but could have been wrong lol.

I think the same may be your case.

8 dubias, is quite alot. What size were they? He does seem to be getting bigger. I hope all works out.

Well, in my case I dont have a real definite Age, somewhere in between 7 months and 9, I think its closer to 7 for me, they never actually said his age, so I was guessing 3 months, but could have been wrong lol.

I think the same may be your case.

8 dubias, is quite alot. What size were they? He does seem to be getting bigger. I hope all works out.
They are like inbetween 0.7 cm and 1.2 cm and bsfl are approx. 1.5 cm. Tried feeding him superworms, but I always offer him supers after he’s eaten either bsfl or dubias and he didn’t want any supers this week.

Update time again.
So I just talked to one of the highest praised veterinarians in Croatia. She’s spent her whole life rehoming domestic and wild animals and nurturing them. She asked me about husbandry making sure that’s all in check and she said that the number of oxyurid eggs is basically really small and nothing to worry about too much yet. She advised 25-50mg/kg panacur(I’ll probably do 40) for 3 days straight and then doing another fecal and if there are still more eggs she told me I should give him panacur again 1 month after the first dose. However the thing that was weird to me was that she said that moving him in another enclosure isn’t needed and shouldn’t be done because it would be really stressful and considering the amount of eggs unnecessary. She just told me that I should disinfect the bottom of the flexarium because everything falls down. Contacted another exotic vet and she advised 40mg/kg panacur aswell and said that the amount of eggs is pretty low, but I really want to get rid of the eggs so he is 100% parasite free so I can finally do the bioactive enclosure without any worries. On the second thought, I’ve been told that panacur is a heavy medicine for him and I don’t handle him so giving him the medicine is gonna cause a lot of stress on him probably and I don’t even know how to do it properly. How do oxyurid eggs develop, start multiplying? What would you advise? Need all the opinions I can get.

Last edited:
just gave him the first dose of 40mg/kg panacur today. Snuck it in his mouth while he was biting down on a superworm. I’m gonna give him 1 more dose tomorrow and 1 in 2 days and gonna do another fecal then.

Attachments

• 434B95FA-3816-46DC-8219-D27C41F43152.jpeg
    434B95FA-3816-46DC-8219-D27C41F43152.jpeg
    221.8 KB · Views: 63
Back
Top Bottom