Age of my cham

Hi guys, I bought my female Cham bingo a month ago, and the store said she was 3-5 months old. By any of this pictures, can anyone guess how old she is? I took these yesterday. Since she’s a female I want to know as close as possible as I can to her age because of the egg laying! Thanks

Attachments

• 78937D5C-1F2B-4ED0-AE79-9B419B70CD90.jpeg
    78937D5C-1F2B-4ED0-AE79-9B419B70CD90.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 148
  • 83B38563-4EF1-401D-BB2C-1F17190EDB84.jpeg
    83B38563-4EF1-401D-BB2C-1F17190EDB84.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 143
Little update: I haven’t been handling my cham much at all (even though I want to haha) because every time I put a small branch or finger near her, she will hiss. Is this normal? Or Is there an easier way to guide her to me so she’s not as scared?

Little update: I haven’t been handling my cham much at all (even though I want to haha) because every time I put a small branch or finger near her, she will hiss. Is this normal? Or Is there an easier way to guide her to me so she’s not as scared?

This is normal and she is just telling you what her boundaries are. Your best bet is to try and get her to handfeed to gain her trust

Yay! Takes time to build trust. I use superworms for trust building since they are my chams favorite and he only gets them hand fed. I can now put my hand next to him in his enclosure, hold a super up by my shoulder and he'll run up my arm. Easy way to get him out of the cage and outside for sun.

Guys!! The hand feeding is going well. I have been feeding her one superworm each day (along with her crickets of course) and she has been getting used to not freaking out, and turning towards me and shooting her tongue out to get the worm. However, today was funny. And I’m also not sure how to approach this :LOL: so I’ve just been using one hand, but today decided to use two: one hand closer to her so she would have to climb on my hand, to reach the worm on my other palm. I showed her the worm first and then placed my hands in position in hopes she would climb on my hand to get it. Instead, she got her mouth ready to shoot her tongue at my hand with nothing on it!!! Hahaha she’s so funny. When I saw her getting ready, I slowly moved my hand back and the hand with the worm on it closer, so she could see which hand had the worm. I didn’t want her to shoot her tongue to nothing!! Is my cham just a little silly or is there a way to go about this:LOL:

Guys!! The hand feeding is going well. I have been feeding her one superworm each day (along with her crickets of course) and she has been getting used to not freaking out, and turning towards me and shooting her tongue out to get the worm. However, today was funny. And I’m also not sure how to approach this :LOL: so I’ve just been using one hand, but today decided to use two: one hand closer to her so she would have to climb on my hand, to reach the worm on my other palm. I showed her the worm first and then placed my hands in position in hopes she would climb on my hand to get it. Instead, she got her mouth ready to shoot her tongue at my hand with nothing on it!!! Hahaha she’s so funny. When I saw her getting ready, I slowly moved my hand back and the hand with the worm on it closer, so she could see which hand had the worm. I didn’t want her to shoot her tongue to nothing!! Is my cham just a little silly or is there a way to go about this:LOL:
You may want to give her a little more time before trying the climb up to get the feeder part. You will know when she is ready. She will move toward the front of her viv knowing that you have a feeder. At that point it is a step up for her not a remove her from the viv action. Once she is totally comfortable with your hand she will not freak about the idea of touching it to get the feeder. Beman got to the point where he knew I meant food. So it did not matter where he was in his viv he would turn and come to the front looking for the feeder in my hand. To this day he does this except he knows it also means we are going outside so instead of looking for the feeder he is fully expecting that I am taking him somewhere he enjoys. He does not hesitate when he sees me and comes straight out onto my hand and up my arm. Were you given the link to my trust building blog?

You may want to give her a little more time before trying the climb up to get the feeder part. You will know when she is ready. She will move toward the front of her viv knowing that you have a feeder. At that point it is a step up for her not a remove her from the viv action. Once she is totally comfortable with your hand she will not freak about the idea of touching it to get the feeder. Beman got to the point where he knew I meant food. So it did not matter where he was in his viv he would turn and come to the front looking for the feeder in my hand. To this day he does this except he knows it also means we are going outside so instead of looking for the feeder he is fully expecting that I am taking him somewhere he enjoys. He does not hesitate when he sees me and comes straight out onto my hand and up my arm. Were you given the link to my trust building blog?
Yes I was!! This is helpful. My hand is always below her, and I sit down so she is always above me. Is that correct? Should I keep hand feeding her but just with one hand? I usually go into my/ her room about 3 times, to mist her and feed her and such so I’m sure that every time she sees me she doesn’t think “food”, but I’m thinking if that were the case she’d be more excited to see me haha. Also, the first time I took her outside she didn’t like it and got really scared, so I’m worried that if and when once I get her to come to me, I won’t be able to take her outside... are there any tips on that?

Yes I was!! This is helpful. My hand is always below her, and I sit down so she is always above me. Is that correct? Should I keep hand feeding her but just with one hand? I usually go into my/ her room about 3 times, to mist her and feed her and such so I’m sure that every time she sees me she doesn’t think “food”, but I’m thinking if that were the case she’d be more excited to see me haha. Also, the first time I took her outside she didn’t like it and got really scared, so I’m worried that if and when once I get her to come to me, I won’t be able to take her outside... are there any tips on that?
Yes, correct hand below and you below so your not eye to eye. This worked for me with Beman. Less intimidating that way. Once she actively comes to the front of the cage for the feeder start presenting one hand for her to step up on with the other hand holding the feeder farther up your arm. Wait until she is comfortable with you before taking her outside. That can be stressful. It is a new environment with things like birds that can scare them. Plus the indoor lighting is different then what they experience outside. Beman was I wanna say at least 7-8 months before he went outside the first time. By that point he was extremely comfortable with me. He is a weirdo though and actually prefers to hang out on me rather then be in a cage outside. She may prefer an outdoor cage when she is bigger so she feels safer.

An outdoor cage is smart!! It’s so hard because I wish they loved us like we love them :LOL: I want to hold her all the time! And when you say “once she comes to the front of her cage for the feeder” do you mean to wait for her to walk to the front without me showing her the food, or showing her the food? And with the screen door open or closed?

Update! I put a worm on my palm today, and it took my little girl less than 10 seconds to shoot her tongue out at it and grab it! First time hand feeding success!! Now... the process of patience & gaining her trust is in full swing! I also put her little home up on a small beside table so she’s higher and feels safer :)
Wow mine took 29 min the first time.... lucky

An outdoor cage is smart!! It’s so hard because I wish they loved us like we love them :LOL: I want to hold her all the time! And when you say “once she comes to the front of her cage for the feeder” do you mean to wait for her to walk to the front without me showing her the food, or showing her the food? And with the screen door open or closed?
Door open showing her the food. Your hand should not go into her space. She has to trust you and come to the front. Granted mind you that I have only had 1 cham and in my experience this is what I did. He is a very gentle sweet boy. But I am only going off my experience with him lol.

Back
Top Bottom