Age of my cham

Door open showing her the food. Your hand should not go into her space. She has to trust you and come to the front. Granted mind you that I have only had 1 cham and in my experience this is what I did. He is a very gentle sweet boy. But I am only going off my experience with him lol.
I trust whatever advice you can give! And ok good, I leave my hand outside her cage but close enough that she can reach it with her tongue! I’ll keep doing one hand! All I want is a gentle and happy girl too!!

I trust whatever advice you can give! And ok good, I leave my hand outside her cage but close enough that she can reach it with her tongue! I’ll keep doing one hand! All I want is a gentle and happy girl too!!
LOL ok. Well when he was a baby I was very mindful of his body language. I still am today. He has only gotten aggressive with me twice and both were because I was not paying attention. But he has never bit me just hissed and puffed. I think it is always important to know that these are chameleons and be very aware that we are not taming them. They make the rules we are just graced with their presence lol.

LOL ok. Well when he was a baby I was very mindful of his body language. I still am today. He has only gotten aggressive with me twice and both were because I was not paying attention. But he has never bit me just hissed and puffed. I think it is always important to know that these are chameleons and be very aware that we are not taming them. They make the rules we are just graced with their presence lol.
Mine has hissed and gotten dark but never bit me either! Phew

I can’t even Look at Uncle Sneaks without him Attacking me. He went from a sweet lil guy that was handfed, to this neurotic Adult that Bites and thinks he a pitbull. For real tho, just me finding him in his cage it’s enough for him to Puff, Hiss, Trow a tantrum, and wait for his hornworm lol.

I am barely tolerated. Barely. We have an understanding. I will spend endless amounts of money on him, and bring him fresh bugs daily, and refill his mister, and clean up his poop. In return, he will continue to hate me. And hide in the plants whenever I approach. It works for us. ;)
I can’t even Look at Uncle Sneaks without him Attacking me. He went from a sweet lil guy that was handfed, to this neurotic Adult that Bites and thinks he a pitbull. For real tho, just me finding him in his cage it’s enough for him to Puff, Hiss, Trow a tantrum, and wait for his hornworm lol.

Ok I think my Beman is a weirdo then... Because I swear he stalks me... If he sees me he comes to the front wanting to come out. When he was younger I thought it was because his cage was smaller and he was not happy but even being in the big DS cage he is this way with me. I got a huge frame from a neighbor that I am going to convert into an outside enclosure when we move. But the last time I had him in an outside cage he hated it and just paced. Every time I would open the door and sit down he would crawl back over to where I was in the chair and calm down and bask on me.
I really think he is a dog trapped in a cham body because he just does not act like the typical Veiled at all lol.

I saw a video on facebook of a male that was basically attacking their keepers hand through the screen of the cage. Gotta say I am so happy my boy is not like that it would give me a heart attack.

All of my females are like your males beman, they are so friendly, they crawl onto me I can't get them back into their cage, I am a food dispenser tree perhaps
If I was not so afraid of egg laying I think I would love to have a female. They seem to have very different personalities.

I think every cham has their own personality, of course genetics is also a factor.. I just wish I had a friendly male, they are so colorful!!

Ok I think my Beman is a weirdo then... Because I swear he stalks me... If he sees me he comes to the front wanting to come out. When he was younger I thought it was because his cage was smaller and he was not happy but even being in the big DS cage he is this way with me. I got a huge frame from a neighbor that I am going to convert into an outside enclosure when we move. But the last time I had him in an outside cage he hated it and just paced. Every time I would open the door and sit down he would crawl back over to where I was in the chair and calm down and bask on me.
I really think he is a dog trapped in a cham body because he just does not act like the typical Veiled at all lol.

I saw a video on facebook of a male that was basically attacking their keepers hand through the screen of the cage. Gotta say I am so happy my boy is not like that it would give me a heart attack.
I am searching for an appropriate meme....stand by....

dere it iz

Attachments

• woof.jpg
    woof.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 84
Hey guys I’m back haha! So before, I wrote about how my cham will aim for my “guiding hand” instead of using it as one to step on to get to the worm on the further hand. I went back to just using one hand for a while, and this morning I tried using 2 again, but she did the same thing. Should I just let her aim and hit my hand? Haha

Back
Top Bottom