after they die...

apple

i just wanted to know what people do on this forum after their cham dies..where do you put the cham...???

when my cham died the vet did a post-mortem on her to see what the cause was, so she disposed of the cham (she got sent to a mass-burial type thing).

It may sound kinda strange, but whenever a pet of mine (other than a dog) dies I will usually buy a new plant and bury the animal in the hole with the roots of the plant. Not only do you have a memorial plant, but you also have good fertilizer! I am not actually sure about the fertilizer part, but we planted 3 lilacs one summer right in a row, and the largest one by far is the one that has carrots with it! (one of my past rabbits :)) Jack, my first cham, is alongside a very pretty daylily bunch. But like I said it is a pretty strange Idea...but then again who ever said I was normal?!? :D

Heck... When you think about what is normal? Normal to you might be weird to me! It could go on like this forever :) However I do like that idea!

My dead baby vields got funeral by sea... aka toilet..... it was good enough for the fish, however any chameleon over 2 or 3 months and that size will get a propper burial from me...we do have a virtual pet cemetary on the land i am to build a house on..with stones and all....last of all was the mini pincher Buddy and before him Gus my 11 year old doberman...

well when my first chameleon died, i barried him in my backyard right next to me dog that died a few days before. i wasnt having a good week

Garden Burial....

I usually bury them in my garden. I've had a couple of big Hydrosaurus lizards die that were then cremated. These lizards can live for 15 years or more and the attachment to them becomes very strong. I have the ashes in a little box and a framed mini picture of them sits on the box. I've had a couple of beloved cats cremated too. My will specifies that all these lizard and cat ashes go into my coffin and the ground with me. What bummer topic. But death does happen all too frequently :(

VERY interesting topic lol! My first cham steve(male sambava panther) died,i was soooo sad,my father came in and did everything for me,i get sad when i ask him what he did with him lol,so i dont really know what happened,i hope he didnt throw him out...

My panther cham that died years ago had a necropsy done and the vet disposed of him. My veiled that died during surgery was disposed of by them too. I do have two of my pit bulls sitting on my mantle (cremated) but not sure if they do lizards??

Back
Top Bottom