Advise on type of basking bulb?

Why spend extra for a brand name. Go with a regular incandescent bulb if you can find them in your area. Check dollar stores. One not far from me still had 75w and 100w on the shelf.

All the beneficial light will come from the linear bulb.

Carl

Why spend extra for a brand name. Go with a regular incandescent bulb if you can find them in your area. Check dollar stores. One not far from me still had 75w and 100w on the shelf.

All the beneficial light will come from the linear bulb.

Carl

It's not about brand. See the silver (color, not actual material) coating? They are made specifically for higher heat out put. Regular bulbs were designed for light, heat was just a by product.

We no longer have anything above 60w where I live and they are going to take the 60w off the shelf soon. Especially since the new LED bulbs came out here. This is what I am talking about for the LED. It's not what you would think if you have not seen them before.

Whats the wattage range to use for halogen bulbs?

It really depends on a lot of factors. Like, glass vs. screen cage, size of the cage, species of cham being kept, distance from basking site, ambient temperature of the room. Anything from 25-100 W could work depending on your situation. Experimentation and a temperature gun is your best bet.

I was thinking about using one of these to replace my power suns because I got a Arcadia T5 fixture.
18dd24a7-60f5-47e2-9852-5c458a8e26b8_400.jpg

What do you all think?

Back
Top Bottom