Advise needed.

jlynn

My daughters veiled chamillion stopped eating a few days ago. He has been laying on the bottom of his cage all day and his eyes look like they are sunk in like he is dehydrated. What should I do? Has anyone ever had this problem?

My daughters veiled chamillion stopped eating a few days ago. He has been laying on the bottom of his cage all day and his eyes look like they are sunk in like he is dehydrated. What should I do? Has anyone ever had this problem?

You should fill out the 'how to ask for help' check list in the sticky at the top of the health clinic forum. It will help us understand your husbandry.

It could be several things. If it is a female, could be egg bound... if it's a male he could be impacted (so can females). It could be a hand full of things...

But fill out the questions as best you can and we can help you out better. :)

https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

i suggest you try soaking him in some water. preferably warm.

It's a bad idea to be so vague with new members.

If you do this, use water that feels about the same temperature as your skin (not warm.) Use only enough water so that he is in a shallow pool of it, and either hold him up (if he can't by himself) or give him a towel or stick to cling to.

I suggest posting a picture just in case. Sometimes females are sold as males.

If its laying on the bottom of the cage with its eyes closed there's no time to waste in getting it to the vets IMHO.

Vet, asap, certainly. Until then, hydration is usually good. The warm bath (as pssh described) is a good way to go. You can also drip water directly on the animal's snout in hopes of stimulating drinking.

If you can get him stabilized, then completing the "how to ask for help" form will help the experts advise you on any changes you might need to make to maximize your chameleon's health.

Back
Top Bottom