Advice

I can’t thank you enough for all this great advice this is amazing. I hope very soon she will be happy and content. So just a house hold bulb for her heat/basking? I’ll keep an eye on the plants I can imagine she will be in her cage for a bit I want her to be more comfortable before I even attempt to take her out.

Yea.. usually 60w suffices ... you just want it about 87-92 least 6 inches below the bulb. Try not to put the vine or branch touching the screen where bulb sits...

@Sleavy Your gonna want to keep it at 85 degrees at basking for her. And a regular house hold bulb works just fine and then it is easier to judge the wattage. Just do not use an LED bulb. Needs to be an incandescent bulb. If she is in fact a female that will be her temp all her life.
If it is a male you will see spurs. They look like this but smaller for your aged Cham. If it is a female that spur is not there and it is smooth.

tarsal Spur2.jpg Tarsal spur1.jpg

I can’t thank you enough for all this great advice this is amazing. I hope very soon she will be happy and content. So just a house hold bulb for her heat/basking? I’ll keep an eye on the plants I can imagine she will be in her cage for a bit I want her to be more comfortable before I even attempt to take her out.
It may be a lot in one hit but you've been given solid advice and I would ask that you please act on it asap. The pet shop is laughing as they sold you what they wanted and not what the cham really needs. Not your fault, we see it all the time. Most of the folks on here will be well into 4 figures of spend on their setups and we don't do it just for the sake of it, it's really needed. Chams aren't an easy reptile and have very specific needs.

Also please find a vet with knowledge of chams in your area. A lot of vets only have basic reptile knowledge and knowing where to go should it be needed sure beats panicking if the time comes.

@Sleavy Your gonna want to keep it at 85 degrees at basking for her. And a regular house hold bulb works just fine and then it is easier to judge the wattage. Just do not use an LED bulb. Needs to be an incandescent bulb. If she is in fact a female that will be her temp all her life.
If it is a male you will see spurs. They look like this but smaller for your aged Cham. If it is a female that spur is not there and it is smooth.

View attachment 227275View attachment 227276

Oh ya the pet store had no clue what they where talking about , he is most certainly a she. Getting some play sand for her this afternoon.

Oh ya the pet store had no clue what they where talking about , he is most certainly a she. Getting some play sand for her this afternoon.

We replaced that 100w bulb with a zoo Med 50w she seems wayyyy happier no “panting” just hanging hunting. She seems very relaxed today unlike yesterday. Humidity is at 75 heat is 75. She’s been eating crickets all morning and is basking at the moment.

We replaced that 100w bulb with a zoo Med 50w she seems wayyyy happier no “panting” just hanging hunting. She seems very relaxed today unlike yesterday. Humidity is at 75 heat is 75. She’s been eating crickets all morning and is basking at the moment.
A lot of that probably had to do with getting a full night's sleep without the Blacklight! Glad she's doing better.

Back
Top Bottom