Advice....

Hello. I bought a Jackson yesterday. I bought him a real nice home. My question is this.

I have him inside the house. The home temp is set at 75. I have a blue uv light laying on the cage at the top. He was basking under it all night and this morning moved and is hanging out on the side of the cage itself. Is this light enough? Will a regular light bulb also work for uv?

The guy at petsmart told me to leave the black uv on for at least 12 hours and told me to buy a red bulb and leave it on all night?

What can I feed him besides crickets dipped in calcium powder? Thx.

I would definitely recommend another source of heat. A regular house bulb will work. Just check which wattage will be good for a Jackson's. I wouldn't use a light at night, the red light will keep them up all night. Chams need complete darkness to sleep. Hope this helps :)

thx.

I have a eko terra infrared heat glo bulb at 50 watts. I also have a eko terra 60 watt night glo bulb. I just bought an all living things basking bulb at 75watts. My question is which one of these should I use during the day? At least 12hours right? thx again.

thx.

I have a eko terra infrared heat glo bulb at 50 watts. I also have a eko terra 60 watt night glo bulb. I just bought an all living things basking bulb at 75watts. My question is which one of these should I use during the day? At least 12hours right? thx again.

I think it really depends on the cage size

I have 2 lights that are on a 12 hour timer (they come on at 8am and go off at 8pm) I have a 5.0 reptisun UVB strip light and a 60 watt regular house bulb in a dome light fixture.

ok awesome. the enclosure is about 2 feet tall and 2 feet wide.? Also how many times a day should I spray bottled water out of a spray bottle? thx.

I'm sorry for all the questions.....so would the white basking, blue, or red bulb give him the uv he needs? thx a lot guys.....

I usually mist 4 times a day, but I have a panther...Not sure how much humidity a jackson needs. And as far as the lights, I'm pretty sure the only UV he will get is from the UVB bulb. The lights won't give him all the UV he needs. If possible you will want to put his cage outside to get sunlight, but make sure he also has shade or he will get too hot, and you will need to mist a lot so he gets enough water when he's outside.

Here are the pics.....I hope.

Attachments

• 20130428_144640.jpg
    20130428_144640.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 20130428_144645.jpg
    20130428_144645.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 130
Back
Top Bottom