Advice needed, Thank you

Bruni456M

Hello everyone...
I am new to the forums and have a lot going on so please be kind.

I got a panther chameleon a few weeks ago to keep me company at home as I have CFS/ME. He turned out to be a she and I was a little shocked but willing to do my research and make any adaptations. However, since then my health has declined further and I've been in A&E twice and also in and out of hospital. As I'm sure you can imagine this makes looking after Bruni rather difficult!

I am absolutely heartbroken as the next step seems to be giving her to a rescue or selling her. I don't want to have to give her up but I honestly care more for her than myself and want to make sure she is well looked after as she deserves. Does anyone have any advice? Do I sell? Are there reptile rescues?
What can I do with all my kit?!
Her wellbeing and care comes above money and time so please share any advice you may have!
I'm located in the south of the UK.

Thank you, I hope you can understand💚

So sorry to hear you have CFS/ME and have to let your chameleon go. I'm sorry I don't know of any rescues or people in the UK. Who could take her. Hopefully some other members will chime in.
Take care!

Hi. I’m sorry for all that you’re going through. Hopefully some of our UK members will be able to offer some help. In the meanwhile, I suggest asking around at your local exotics veterinarians and reptile shops if they know of any individuals or rescue groups that may be able to take your sweet girl or other ideas. Generally, all of the chameleon’s equipment is given with them. I wish you and your cham the very best. 💗

Sorry to hear about this situation and your health. If someone would completely setup all equipment (lots of things on a timer and being automatic) that would come to low maintenance every few days (filling water and feeding) would you still have troubles taking of her? Especially since she gives you so much joy in these days.

@pascal2023 lives in the south, I believe somewhere near Southhampton or Portsmouth, maybe she can help you with finding a home or setting things up for her, she’s kind girl.

Wish you best luck with your health and your girl 💚

Hello The lovely skittles is right, I’m from East Sussex, I’d love to take her but I only really have room for the girly I have now, however! There is I lady in Chichester who rescues and rehomes chameleons ! Would you like me to get her in touch with you ?

Hello The lovely skittles is right, I’m from East Sussex, I’d love to take her but I only really have room for the girly I have now, however! There is I lady in Chichester who rescues and rehomes chameleons ! Would you like me to get her in touch with you ?
Hey, that might be a little difficult as I'm actually Cardiff/Wales way! Thank you so much for the help though, is there anyone closer to me or should I travel?

Also a huge thank you to everyone who has replied with kindness I hugely hugely appreciate it, I was nervous but you have all been lush, thank you

Back
Top Bottom