Advice needed on force watering

Hey how’s your boy doing?

He is doing pretty good. He drinks well. He is back to wanting me to drop the water in his mouth like he used to. He moves around during the day but he isn’t extremely active (but he never was). I feed him every 2-3 days. He is unable to hit the food with his tongue. He always comes out about 1 inch short. So I hold him in one hand and hold the feeder in tongs in the other hand and kind of “meet” his tongue with the feeder. His droppings are normal and the urate is white.

He is almost finished with the antibiotics. He might have reached his maximum improvement, but I can deal with hand feeding him. His eyes are open during the day now and I am feeling good about that.

My guy is back to normal, although he is a bit spoiled to hand feeding of the worms. He has no problem taking them directly from my hand. He is really tame. He has no problem finding food ( he hunts crickets like an expert) or water now. He has finished his antibiotic injections and his behavior is normal. His eye still doesn’t look normal but he must have some vision because he navigates well.

It’s really a miracle. I never thought he would recover so well after months of illness. I’m so thankful to the vet who finally gave him a chance and helped us out. I will never take his health for granted again.

My guy is back to normal, although he is a bit spoiled to hand feeding of the worms. He has no problem taking them directly from my hand. He is really tame. He has no problem finding food ( he hunts crickets like an expert) or water now. He has finished his antibiotic injections and his behavior is normal. His eye still doesn’t look normal but he must have some vision because he navigates well.

It’s really a miracle. I never thought he would recover so well after months of illness. I’m so thankful to the vet who finally gave him a chance and helped us out. I will never take his health for granted again.

I’m so glad to hear he’s doing better! And I’m glad you stuck around to ask questions and let us know what’s going on.

Back
Top Bottom