Advice much appreciated

R.H

so iv decided I want to get another chameleon and was wondering if anyone had advice on what species to get?

I currently have an 11month old femal pantha, so I deffinitly know I want a male :) but was wondering what the easier species is.
And to wheather living conditions vary etc ( head, humidity, feeding etc)

Any advice would be appreciated,

hey thank u, I will give ur blog a read when in bed tonight :)

I deffinitly DO NOT want to breed, iv had health issues with my pantha so given my experience so far I'm hoping a male will be easier.

the only thing that will concern me about getting a veiled is iv seen so many posts on here that they get burnt alot, is that just down to living conditions etc

I deffinitly DO NOT want to breed, iv had health issues with my pantha so given my experience so far I'm hoping a male will be easier.

the only thing that will concern me about getting a veiled is iv seen so many posts on here that they get burnt alot, is that just down to living conditions etc

Yes is just due to how you have your veiled set up. I recommend raising the lights up off of the top of the cage that way they can't get too close to it

fab thank u I have my pantha's heat light raised since iv had her just incase , so set up will be similar!

Burns are not specific to one species or another, though the veileds higher casque might make them a bit more prone to it...but a proper setup is really the solution. BTW, you have a "panther" chameleon, not a "pantha". Don't let her hear you call her that or she'll never forgive you! :)

Reactions: R.H
Always do some more research before u decide ur next chameleon,have the proper cage set up first , temperature,humidity...etc.

Thank u for ur advice, I love my PANTHER ;-)
so I may just stick with them and get a male ( i DO NOT intend to breed).

I am in no rush to get another one untill my set up is complete and iv set up my exotic pet insurance.

Really appreciate all ur advice, is there any species that is easier than another ??

so I think I'm goin to stick with Panthers but have a male this time round. I am aware that males need a larger enclosure ( is that correct?)
iv seen an already live planted viv which is 90x90, is that around the size I need for a male?

Just another question I got my female at 3/4 months, is it best to get a baby baby or slightly older again?

yes indeed, iv had issues with my female and wish I had taken it out. unfortunately due to the issues she's had I can't get her insured as, so now iv learnt my lesson!!

what's so funny about that? I think it's a smart move and every of should have insurance ??
My vet also recommended it!!

I'm from u.k, so I'm really going to have to look around for a Rudis chameleon. It's fairly easy to get hold of yemen's, Panthers, veiled and Jackson's but iv never heard of a rudis, so will have to do research! !

kiwilulu -I'm from u.k so not sure if they will garentee me ( thank u, appreciate it advice)

No that will be my next one. When I was little my friend had one for years it was so friendly you put your finger out and it would climb right on and climb up your shoulder and just hang out. I don't know what happened but they are not as common as they once were I guess hard to find I know of only 4 sites that sell them http://www.voodoochameleon.com/ http://www.backwaterreptiles.com/chameleons-for-sale.html http://www.lllreptile.com/products/30562-rudis-chameleons https://undergroundreptiles.com/shop/rudis-chameleon/

yes indeed, iv had issues with my female and wish I had taken it out. unfortunately due to the issues she's had I can't get her insured as, so now iv learnt my lesson!!

what's so funny about that? I think it's a smart move and every of should have insurance ??
My vet also recommended it!!
Are they expensive there or something? I wouldn't think it would be worth insuring something that only cost 2-300 bucks to replace for $10 a month, that's about what it cost me to insure a $9,000 bike.

No not really expensive to buy £250/300 in u.k.
yeah I can get insurance and pay monthly for it. insurance is only £100 a year so that's not expensive, however vet Bill are exstationate so id rather pay insurance instead of being stuck wih a huge vet Bill if my babies are ever Ill or need surgery !!

(I'm talking about insurance for vets etc)
yes i could quite easily go buy another chameleon if I wanted to , but if i have a poorly cham I will not want to be stung by vet bills, )

u. k have insurance for everything !!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom