Advice for a newbie please!

Supersuzie

Hi,

I'm new at owning a chameleon and would appreciate some advice please.

We bought a yemen chameleon last week, we think he's about 4 months old. He is eating very well and seems content and settled, but he's only 'pooed' once in 5 days, is this normal?

The one he did do looked as if it had an undigested worm in it, (we had given him a couple previously) but the rest of it was solid rather than runny.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Greetings, and congratulations on your new little guy! We'd love to see a photo, if you're able to post one.

Your situation could relate to temperatures in his enclosure, or adjusting to his new home, or some other issue. In order to get comprehensive answers to your question, you may wish to post some additional information. The experienced cham owners who can help you out will want some details concerning his enclosure. Here is a link to instructions the forum administrators recommend:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

When I brought Callie home she didn't poop for a few days too. I think she needed time to adjust. Getting a new home and new caregivers would stress anybody out, not to mention chams which are particularly easy to stress.

i would have to say that it might be a combination of stress and maybe temps being too low. we will need more information to answer correctly. but from just what you have said that would be my first guess

Back
Top Bottom