Advice About Rehoming Veiled Chameleon

I have no clue what I’m doing or what the best way to go about this is… it makes me really sad to rehome my buddy but I feel like it’s only fair to him, I’m 8 months pregnant with unmedicated ADHD and depression, I just keep forgetting about him and he’s not getting the proper care and nutrition that he deserves no matter how many reminders I set. It very frustrating for me and I know it has to be awful for him! His lights and mistking are on timers so I don’t have to worry about that, it’s just getting the bugs gutloaded and then actually remembering to feed Pascal when I get that far… I genuinely feel awful about it, but at the same time I live in Mississippi in the Jackson area and I’m not sure that there is anyone around here who even cares about proper chameleon husbandry so I don’t know what to do! I think that if I can find him a home that actually cares about the proper husbandry and care of my guy that he would be soooooo much better off, but on the other hand I’m not just going to give him to some rando around here because I feel like most people in my area have no knowledge of or desire to learn how to properly take care of this particular animal!

I think I just need help and advice on what to do in this situation, what give Pascal his best shot?

It sounds like you are in a position where rehoming is the best option. There is nothing wrong with that. You recognize that you are unable to care for him the way you know he should be cared for. And honestly that is wonderful because a lot of people would not. Don't get down on yourself for it.

@jannb do you know anyone in the Jackson Mississippi area that would be interested in taking in a veiled?

It sounds like you are in a position where rehoming is the best option. There is nothing wrong with that. You recognize that you are unable to care for him the way you know he should be cared for. And honestly that is wonderful because a lot of people would not. Don't get down on yourself for it.

@jannb do you know anyone in the Jackson Mississippi area that would be interested in taking in a veiled?

I do know someone with one of my babies in that area. I’ll ask her if she knows of anyone interested.

I talked to my friend last night and she can not take him and doesn’t know of anyone looking for a chameleon. I do know of an excellent chameleon rescue with a kind and loving women that runs it. I can give you her info if you can find another home. She’s in OH and you’d have to ship.

I talked to my friend last night and she can not take him and doesn’t know of anyone looking for a chameleon. I do know of an excellent chameleon rescue with a kind and loving women that runs it. I can give you her info if you can find another home. She’s in OH and you’d have to ship.
I’d love the information on this! It depends how much it would cost to ship a Cham (I’ve never had to do that before) but I’d love to at least try.

I’d love the information on this! It depends how much it would cost to ship a Cham (I’ve never had to do that before) but I’d love to at least try.

I just spoke to my friend Cheryl that runs the reptile part of the rescue and she can take him but said it will be tomorrow before she can talk to you about it. If you PM me your number, I’ll have her call you tomorrow and explain the process to see if it’s something you want to do.

I just spoke to my friend Cheryl that runs the reptile part of the rescue and she can take him but said it will be tomorrow before she can talk to you about it. If you PM me your number, I’ll have her call you tomorrow and explain the process to see if it’s something you want to do.
Okay, that would be wonderful. I actually don’t know how to do a PM on here, would that be the start a conversation button?

I have no clue what I’m doing or what the best way to go about this is… it makes me really sad to rehome my buddy but I feel like it’s only fair to him, I’m 8 months pregnant with unmedicated ADHD and depression, I just keep forgetting about him and he’s not getting the proper care and nutrition that he deserves no matter how many reminders I set. It very frustrating for me and I know it has to be awful for him! His lights and mistking are on timers so I don’t have to worry about that, it’s just getting the bugs gutloaded and then actually remembering to feed Pascal when I get that far… I genuinely feel awful about it, but at the same time I live in Mississippi in the Jackson area and I’m not sure that there is anyone around here who even cares about proper chameleon husbandry so I don’t know what to do! I think that if I can find him a home that actually cares about the proper husbandry and care of my guy that he would be soooooo much better off, but on the other hand I’m not just going to give him to some rando around here because I feel like most people in my area have no knowledge of or desire to learn how to properly take care of this particular animal!

I think I just need help and advice on what to do in this situation, what give Pascal his best shot?
You’re in the right for thinking what’s best for Pascal and there’s nothing wrong with that, I never knew how full on it would actually be until I managed to get myself into a routine and all! I know how it is dealing with ADHD and depression also, I’m currently off my meds too but that’s a start for another day. It may sound silly but if you really want to keep him maybe write down things you need to do daily with him (supplements, feeding, handling) and I also set alarms on my phone so I am always on track with everything (feeding especially) it’s quite rewarding but you do what you feel is right! No one would judge you for rehoming him if you feel that is what is in his best interest 💚 where abouts are you based?

Did Cheryl ever call you? I might need to remind her.
For some reason only some of my notifications for this page work so I am just now seeing this! She didn’t ever call but I have been in contact with a lady that does some exotic reptile rescue and rehabilitation that says that she can take him. I’m still making sure that all of her details check out but if they do it’ll probably be less stressful for him than shipping to Ohio but if this doesn’t work out I’ll reach out to you to see if Cheryl would be willing to give me a call then.

Back
Top Bottom