Adopting a Panther(Overall Health Question)

rickd5

Sorry for the duplicate post, I think this fits in the health category better (and find I get great replies here)

Pics included in my first post, which is virtually the same. Sorry for confusion.
====> https://www.chameleonforums.com/adopting-panther-supplement-question-pics-him-116458/#post1037188 <=====

So I'm adopting a 9 month old Sambanja sired by Akuma from Screameleons.

He looks really healthy and I'm getting a good price on him

Anyways I've only owned veiled's and have never had a young chameleon.

My question is with supplementation, I know there are tons of post about this but I can't find a solid one from 2013 that answers my question.

Im used to: (feeding 4-5 feeders a day)
-Sticky tongue mineral-O (Nearly every feeding) (almost every feeder dusted)
-Rep-cal Herptivite vitamins(2x a month) (2-3 crickets dusted)
-Rep-cal Calcium with d3(2x a month) (2-3 crickets dusted

However I see that until a chameleon is 12 months old many owners dust Herptivite 1-2 times a week and d3 2x a week aswell. This seems like a lot but even Screameleons recommends this on their website.

What do you guys recommend if he 9 months. and when he gets 12 months should I just do what Im used to.

I want to follow Sandrachameleon's regimen of a 50/50 mix of mineral-O with repashy calcium plus but don't want to oversupplement!

Whats the simplest and best.

Now the owner told me this
"He eats mainly crickets as a staple dusted with calcium without d3 i feed around 4-5 large daily. He also eats silkworms, hornworms, superworms but does not eat dubai crickets i don't know why he doesn't like them. I give him herptivite twice a month but no d3 regimen because he gets regular sunlight through a screen door. I do not handle him a lot but he is friendly sometimes he gets grumpy before sheds. "

-the no d3 worries me but I have heard with exposure to sun everyday this is okay.
-is herptivite twice a month enough for this guy?

What do you guys think, from all my research I have done he seems like a keeper. I'm going to go seem him in person in a couple days.

2-3 crickets?
I have a 5 month panther and he eats about 7
that makes me think I am over feeding!

been dusting with calcium every 3-4 days.
about to start D3 2xMo.

2-3 crickets dusted. 4-5 fed actually fed of the large. If its the smalls/mediums then it could be a lot more like 8 - 12 a day.

Oh so you havent been supplementing d3 at all?

This on the screamleons website is what through me off

"This depends on the age of your chameleon. Chameleons 1-10 months old should receive Rep-Cal with D3 every other day and Herptivite twice a week. Chameleons 10-18 months should receive both twice a week. Chameleons 18+ months should receive both once a week."

2-3 crickets dusted. 4-5 fed actually fed of the large. If its the smalls/mediums then it could be a lot more like 8 - 12 a day.

Oh so you havent been supplementing d3 at all?

This on the screamleons website is what through me off

"This depends on the age of your chameleon. Chameleons 1-10 months old should receive Rep-Cal with D3 every other day and Herptivite twice a week. Chameleons 10-18 months should receive both twice a week. Chameleons 18+ months should receive both once a week."

I think that D3 is if you don't use UVB? or natural sun?

Back
Top Bottom