Adopted eggs have hatched!

vcao333

hi all, my adopted eggs have finally hatched after so freaking long waiting and waiting what seemed like forever! i have 19 that have hatched and possibly 2 more on the way. I'll try to get more pictures up when i can, they're so cute!

Congrats, that is awesome! What kind of chams are they? Are these your first hatchlings? I have had several clutches hatch but it thrills me every time.

yes this is my first hatchlings, in fact they are my first chams! I adopted them from a friend that left the hobby. He sent the parents off to a good home, but the eggs couldn't be shipped, so instead of having them put down, i took them in.

They are Panther chams, Sambava/Nosy Faly. I had no hand in any of the breeding as i only came in months after they were laid.

I went to check the unhatched eggs at lunch and found 1 more that will join the family too!

Very nice, Congrats on the babies :) hope you have lots of fruit fly cultures ready they can eat tons. Lets see some pictures"

I am glad you took the eggs, and saved them :D I remember reading your post about them in the apt/ - I was so glad to see you take them - Congrats :D

pics of the lil buggers

20130711_203553.jpg
20130711_204325.jpg
20130711_204457.jpg

Nice they look like some good size:healthy looking babies.. Are you feeding them fruitflys?

yes i am, currently using a mix of melanogaster and hydei fruit flies, have introduced some pinhead crickets, but most of those just fall to the bottom of the enclosure. will be making a feeder cup sometime soon.

but i did actually see a baby eat for the first time today, it was magnificent! i figured they'd been eating, but havent seen it actually happen until this morning.

Back
Top Bottom