Addition to diet

Buicalvin22

So my current chameleon, Leonardo, is currently on a primarily cricket diet and some golden pathos vine leaves but I want him to get used to eating super-worms or meal worms and fruits as well. How do i get him to eat new things is there a process or technique for this?

So my current chameleon, Leonardo, is currently on a primarily cricket diet and some golden pathos vine leaves but I want him to get used to eating super-worms or meal worms and fruits as well. How do i get him to eat new things is there a process or technique for this?
In all honesty veiled chameleons don't go looking for fruits and veggies in the wild. Yes they will munch on pothos leaves here and there. Mine does. But there's better ways for them to get the nutrients they need for proper development by properly gutloading our feeders and offering a variety of them. The best way to introduce new feeders is to do just that introduce them. You'll find they have their favorites or ones they prefer more than others and you'll also find their appetites will change. One day they're eating dubias the next day they only want silkworms. The key is finding a balance and what yours likes and prefers and maintaining that. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• chameleon-food.jpg
    chameleon-food.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 84
  • chameleon-gutload.jpg
    chameleon-gutload.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 88
I would recommend buying from Lindasgonebuggie.com, tell Linda how big your chameleon is, and she will put together a combination of feeders for you that are size appropriate for your chameleon. I would not get mealworms. The super worms climbing on the screen will elicit strikes from your chameleon. Look at getting small hornworms, silkworms, Black Soldier Fly larvae (BSF), and Blue Bottle Fly larvae.

The good thing about Linda is you get small amounts to try, and one shipping charge.

CHEERS!

Nick

Back
Top Bottom