Adding another feeder

Debbie61

I am looking into adding another feeder to Silas's diet. Presently he eats roaches and crickets. Hoping to feed a worm next, also hoping that helps with the hand taming:eek:(especially after my recent experience). What kind of worm do you suggest. I can find the superworms local, but all else I would need to order online. I was looking into butterworms. Any ideas or suppliers that you deal with would be helpful. Thanks

Ive heard good things about butterworms nutritionally speaking. But as far as worms go i think you cant beat hornworms. They are great for added hydration and the body color drives chams nuts when its feeding time. Silks are awesome too, but they dont elicit the same feeding response in my exp as horns do.

Mine like butterworms and silkies better than hornworms. Sometimes they just walk over the hornworms. Butterworms are easier as far as care.

IMHO Hornworms are great, but expensive. Silkworms are just as good, but less expensive. Butterworms are good too. Superworms take fourth place.

Looks like I'll try and get some silkies or butterworms for him to try. Any forum sponsors sell worms and what experience have you had with them.

All sponsors are good. :) mulberry farms sells worms, educational science sells some worms, and I can't remember who else. I'm getting in a shipment of butterworms this week though. :) you will probably see my ad bumped/updated by Monday.

butterworms are great my little guy loves em and if you put them in the fridge they just go kinda dormant and can last a long time, as soon as they warm up they start squirmin.

My cham likes Silkies way more than Hornworms but I am so sick of the constant daily care of the silkies only to have most die. The best I was able to do was raise 100 smalls into good sized feeders but one got sick and turned all black and the rest followed suit over the next week losing about the last 1/3 of the worms. It feels like I spend more time with the silkworms that I do with every other aspect of my cham care combined.

My cham likes Silkies way more than Hornworms but I am so sick of the constant daily care of the silkies only to have most die. The best I was able to do was raise 100 smalls into good sized feeders but one got sick and turned all black and the rest followed suit over the next week losing about the last 1/3 of the worms. It feels like I spend more time with the silkworms that I do with every other aspect of my cham care combined.

i have always had really good luck with the silks, but I ran out of chow and started feeding some mulberry leaves from a neighbors yard about a week ago and now they are all dying off one by one! She does not use pesticides on her bush and I washed and rinsed everything thoroughly. I am a little puzzled? I am going back with the chow!!!

It's probably because it's by a street. All the car fumes and stuff are in the leaves.

lol....im next to a free way anduse mullberry leaves from the nextdoor neighbors front yard that passes to our side alot. my silks last quite awhile :D

I think I'm going to go the butterworm route this time around. My son tried raising silkies for his beardie. Some did well and the last time we tried they all died.

Pssh, maybe I'll order some from you. I'll be watching for your ad.

Back
Top Bottom